Quantcast

webOSroundup: The final webOSRadio…

webOSRadio-Logo212.pngWhen I started this site in November 2009 I never expected the amazing ride it would turn into. What started out as a simple app review site grew into the second largest webOS fan site on the planet with over 300,000 visitors a month, a live podcast, two trips to CES, a lot of contests and more fun than one group of guys should be allowed to have.

It is with great sorrow then to say that it is time for webOSroundup to sign off. It has been obvious for a little while now that WOR has not been able to keep up with the stories and news like we used to and rather than just languish and put up an occasional story from time to time we wanted to go out on our own terms and say thank you to each and every one of our fans…so in standard WOR fashion, we are going to do it with one final podcast.

Next Tuesday (April 10th) at 9pm(Eastern) all of the WOR miscreants from the past and present will be around to talk about the wonderful ride running this site has been. We will be doing it live so we want everyone who can join us to do so.

On tap to join us is: Dan Ramirez, myself, Jesse Mendoza, Ryan St. Andrie, and (hopefully) Roy Sutton. It should be a grand time where we can reminiscent about all the antics, webOS as a platform, and some behind the scenes stuff that you probably wouldn’t otherwise hear. Also, if you have questions, we will answer those as well.

We hope you can join us and add your webOS and WOR stories into the mix as well. If you have any questions or stories, feel free to email me at [email protected] and we will do our best to get to each and every one of them.

link hidden, please login to view

1NQVZroRJdg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By alpvir
      I have completed my first TV app. It does its job very well: display on the TV, in REAL TIME, the GPS track of my excursions in the mountains. From home my family can therefore follow me, for my safety since I almost always go alone in the mountains.
      The next step would be to switch from the "developer" mode (the current one) to a "production" one.
      But I think that the LG store does not accept this app because it is too personal: it is not a video game with 10000 downloads!
      Furthermore, they could object to privacy issues.
      So how to make this app "definitive" (installed on 2 or 3 TVs at the most) without having to renew the extension of the developer mode every 40/50 hours ?
      Is there no other way than going through the LG market?
      Thanks for your attention
    • By andyK
      Still waiting for someone in LG support to come up with a fix for the diabled COAX port on all the Google TV's that were disabled in the final
      firmware release resulting in the inability to use that hardware for Over the Air reception of free HD channels. Was planning on cutting the cord with
      my cable provider and its like sombody came along and as a final farewell cut of one of my arms or legs!
      Very irresponsible of LG and GOOGLE!!!!!
    • By News Reporter
      link hidden, please login to view is over here at Mobile Nations for another year. Health and fitness should be a year-round commitment, and it's never too late to start so if you missed out during February be sure to check back through the blogs and forums for content you may have missed. Hopefully you found some apps or tips to help you meet your fitness goals, or maybe even found some moral support in the community to help keep you motivated. All throughout the month each site was giving away prizes for participation. We announced some winners mid-month, and below are the final results from the remaining contests from across Mobile Nations. If you were participating in the forums or on the blog contests, be sure to look below and see if you're a winner!

• By News Reporter
      Today it was revealed that
      link hidden, please login to view to be unveiled in the near future and possibly a smartphone for the farther future. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anymore. from CEO Meg Whitman looking to assuage anxious tech nerds about the future of webOS, HP has never shown any real inclination towards producing new webOS hardware since the almost eighteen months ago to the day. Even though it's not a surprise in any sense of the word, it's still frustrating. HP has for close to three years owned one of the most highly-regarded mobile operating systems of the modern age of mobile computing, and for lack of a better term they royally fucked it over under the and . But that's in the past, and while it's hard to deal with old festering wounds like that, dwelling on that past isn't going to help one bit.
      There is of course benefit to examining the past with objective eyes, or at least trying to do so. HP bought Palm three years ago for this very reason - to move into mobile. They didn't like the way Microsoft was going with , and though they'd internally , they apparently weren't happy with that either. Driven by Personal Systems Group head and former PalmOne CEO Todd Bradley, so they could chart their own course in the burgeoning mobile world and not be tied to Microsoft or Google or anybody else.
      That's how it was supposed to work, and as we all know it didn't. There are a number of factors that can be blamed, from to to underwhelming hardware to disappointing advertising (but far from the worst that webOS has seen over the years). As with every , there are dozens of contributing factors, though it usually boils down to money and .

• By News Reporter
      Have you submitted your entry to 
      link hidden, please login to view yet?! If not, you better hurry, because the entry deadline is tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST. Remember, if you're one of the lucky selections, you'll get to join NVIDIA and Mobile Nations crew at CES 2013 in Las Vegas. Your airfare, hotel and CES pass will all be taken care of. Woohoo!
      What are you waiting for!?