Quantcast

Does Web OS 3.00 fast forward easily ?

Digmen1

Question

Hello

Wow, I just found this forum.

I have an early LG smart tv.

It goes well, but I want to upgrade to a new one.

I like to play movies from a portable hard drive that I plug in to my tv through a USB port.

This works well, with two small problems.

One, is that as I play the moves in our bedroom at night, the remote is hard to use - too many buttons and hard to find.

Two, it is very hard to fast forward or rewind a movie (to get to a place you missed the previous night if you fell asleep.)

I am hoping that a new LG tv with Web OS 3.00 and a magic remote will solve both of these problems.

Do any of you have any experience in using your LG tv in this way.

Will a new LG 2016 with Web OS 3.00 do what I want ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 answers to this question

Thanks fro the one reply.

But as no one had replied, I went to a store and saw the LG web os side by side with the Samsung Tizen.

The tizen seemed much easier to operate and had some nice video preset stops along the top of the screen so I coudl jump to part of the video quickly.

So in line wit the fact that LG have put some of their OS 3.00 staff off, I bought the Samsung.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wondering
      After viewing photos/videos on a flashdrive plugged into the USB of an LG TV and using SmartShare to view... and then removing the USB and then no longer having access to the TV... I noticed on the flashdrive a new folder called "LG TV" and within what appears to be files that may have been the thumbnails displayed on the TV. My question is... do those thumbnails also remain on the TV as recent history even without the USB plugged in? The LG Smart TV online user guide refers to "Recent" ("To view a list of recently viewed or added content, select Recent). Would thumbnails be there without the source flashdrive?
    • By Xuancong Wang
      Dear LG TV developers,
      I am glad to see that LG Smart TV has a built-in web browser and LG API supports "openBrowserAt" so that my smart home controller can open a web page on the TV. However, nowadays, we also have ms-teams online meeting that is accessible through web browser which the LG TV supports. However, this requires the browser to have a microphone to record audio and to have a webcam for video recording. Also, certain smart-home systems also need built-in microphone to record voice commands so that no additional standalone unit is required next to the TV.
      Unfortunately, LG Smart TV (I have OLED48A1PTA) does not have microphone neither does it support USB mic/webcam. So I am writing this post to suggest that future middle/higher-end LG Smart TV can be equipped with these. Moreover, it might be possible for TV firmware update to add the support of USB webcam/microphone so that they can be used in web browsers for web-based online meeting.
      Thank you very much for your consideration!
      Best regards,
      Xuancong
    • By mix-e
      Yes! Freesat does work on the LGE TV that I have 2021 model. Using a SKY DISH and LNB in the UK. Okay now that sorted out.
      With WEBOS 3.34.95
      Then you launch the guide on freesat the preview window does not display a picture. Just says downloading" If you then select a channel from the guide the TV picture is shown.
      Looks like a bug to me...
      Also on the channel info screen. The displayed info screen box is very big and the font size is very very small even on a quite large TV.
      It would be better is a bigger font could be displayed.

• By News Reporter
      LG Expands Local Content, Launches Premium Channels for Movie Buffs and
      Drama Aficionados, and Delivers Enhanced Cross-Device User Experience

SEOUL, April 17, 2023 — LG Electronics’ (LG) exclusive, free streaming service, LG Channels, has tripled its user base in Europe over the last year. The strong growth reflects the increasing popularity of LG’s premium service and of free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) in Europe and worldwide. LG Channels was first launched in 2016 in the U.S. and in 2019 in select European countries.
      According to LG data as of January 2023, the number of LG Channels users in the 16 European markets where the service is offered grew by a factor of three. This significant boost in active users represents an increase of over 200 percent. Along with this, there has been a noteworthy uptick in viewing time across several content categories, including movies, TV series, music and news.
      Industry experts expect the global growth of FAST services and channels to continue with the U.K. and Germany anticipated to be among the biggest FAST markets by 2027.1 To meet the growing demand for FAST, LG will bolster its service with new content – more of which will be made available on the LG Channels mobile app2 – and convenient, new features to enhance viewing pleasure and the user experience.
      LG Channels is constantly expanding its content library and is offering an increasing number of local-language channels, spanning diverse categories such as news, lifestyle, TV series, movies and sports. When it comes to sports, thanks to a new partnership with DAZN, LG Channels will feature the new DAZN FAST and newly announced DAZN Rise, the first 24/7 streaming channel dedicated purely to women sports.3 Through a new partnership with Funke Digital, LG Channels now provides access to a variety of FAST channels covering some of the best fiction and entertainment contents, with plenty of films including PLAION’s Netzkino, ranging from action to thriller, comedy and romance.
      To give users more options when viewing on-the-go, LG has also expanded content availability on the LG Channels mobile app. In Germany, users can now watch hundreds of hours of content from 50 popular channels, including Auto Motor und Sport, which offers the latest in car testing and wedo TV, where viewers can watch a variety of free content from movies to sports.
      Additionally, LG is launching advertising video on demand (AVOD) titles4 in five European countries, with content offered in English, German, Spanish and other languages. These AVOD titles are provided thanks to collaborations with companies like Minerva Pictures, an independent film production and distribution company based in Rome, active in the film and audiovisual market since 1950, LoveTV Channels, which targets niche audiences passionate of themes such as cinema, environment or wine and Shoot for Love, which targets football fans.
      What’s more, thanks to the collaboration with ITV Studios, new channels will be added such as Storylands – featuring high-quality, award-winning European drama produced by ITV Studios labels in France, Italy and the Nordics – and Hell’s Kitchen, a program hosted by world-famous Michelin-starred chef, Gordon Ramsay, filled with cutthroat competition and explosive entertainment.
      # # #
      1 Source: Omdia ( link hidden, please login to view)
      2 Available in the US and Germany. Content availability varies by market.
      3 DAZN Fast and DAZN Rise to be made available in the upcoming months starting in Germany, Austria and Spain.
      4 Country availability varies.

• By Guy Paskar
      Hello,

I have followed the guide on 
      link hidden, please login to view and it worked well on the first time. after a while I could not connect to the TV anymore. I have deleted the TV from the device list and tried again and got "ares-novacom ERR! ares-novacom: Error: Failed to get ssh private key" I reset the TV to original settings and tried again and still getting the same message. 
      TV is connected via wifi keyserver is on dev mode is on.
      I tried via cli, IDE and beanviser and nothing is working.
      Please help me out here.