Quantcast

schlurch

Question

Da Zone (DAZN) is a new player in sports TV business providing a netflix-style subscription for live sports. Currently available in DE, AT, CH and JP.

Surprised that the LG App was available before Playstation 4 an AppleTV was/is available.

Tried this app recently. Works OK, if DAZN wouldn't have massive problems with the stream infrastructure sometimes.

Most annoying is that if you start a stream it runs >30s on lowest quality, switching to best afterwards all at once. The player lacks switching seemlessly between mid-range qualities.

Anybody else tried it out? They do broadcast NFL Red Zone!

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By lecouvie
      I have an LG TV (about 5 years old) and was able to find and download Amazon Prime app, so i know how to do that.  (Don't get me started on LG's account setup - ugh).
      However, I cannot find DAZN as an app in Canadian store?
      As an alternative, i launch the browser, (internet) and go to the DAZN website and try to watch from there but get an error message.
      Any suggestions. as it is driving me crazy.
      thanks in advance
      norm
    • By Barnieb
      I am looking for other L G owners who have tried to watch DAZN "catch up"  and get a 6 to 8 hour delay in the game being  available .

• By Raul_sbd
      Does anyone have any issue with the Dazn Webos app? It is loggin in but showing error ‘Your video content needs refreshing’ please restart DAZN to get the latest videos... not happening on my other devices only on my TV... tried already login off, uninstalling app, installing it from another markets but no difference.. any ideas?
    • By Barnieb
      The DAZN app that came with my new TV works partially. But the feature to watch previous shows (games) called "catch up" has  a delay of 6-8 hours. When I select a game that has just completed I get a message in a yellow box, "catch up isn't available yet please try again later" but the thumbnail for the stream is giving an indication that that stream is being viewed. Eventually, after 6-8 hours the feature will run. I have tested the app on Samsung and it works perfectly (as soon as a game is complete it is viewable on Catch up) as it does on my desktop and smart phone. I have discussed this with DAZN and LG customer support and all conclude that the problem lies with LG.  The last LG CS person I spoke to promised to send it up the line to Engineering. I hope it doesn't take months for them to fix this bug. Has anyone else encountered this?
    • By Robert Goodwin
      How do I download the DAZN app to my smart TV?
  • Similar Tagged Content