1 post in this topic
Youtube runs only in 2560 x 1440. No way to change the resolution to 4k.
Just bought LG 50UH5500 4K with WebOS 3.0 and am trying to figure out how to run youtube in 4k with in built app.
Has anyone have resolution problem using YouTube on 4k TV? I checked 'more info" and it shows me current resolution of YouTube, which is 2560 x 1440 instead of 4k and there is no option to change the resolution.
I have to use web browser and only then i can see it in 4K. However, the default is set to 1080 on web browser, so have to manually change it to 4k evey time i use youtube on web browser.
Wish there was an easy way to set defaults and the YouTube app with an option to change the resolution. I do have internet speed of 25 Mbps, which i suppose is capable of 4k.
By Jonathan Fairfield
Since YouTube went down a couple of days ago, I can no longer use the YouTube app on my LG smart TV. Anyone know what the issue is or how it can be fixed? Thanks
My sister has purchased a new LG 4k tv that runs WebOS 2.0. When playing a 4k youtube video, it actually plays in 4k (the 4k badge shows up when its playing in 4k).
I'm on an older 4k tv running webOS 1. I can't get it to play 4k videos. It may be that i need to update my tv's firmware to a later version of webOS 1.
Has anyone on WebOS 1 been able to stream 4k videos in 4k on their tv?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
I bought a 47 inch 650V TV a week ago and I noticed that this SmarTV has a huge potential but still lacks very basic features. So I hope that I don't regret buying this TV if a update don't gives us some really great improvements.
* First of all, WebOS it's slow. It really needs a huge performance improvement. Im not a BETA tester. If the system it's not ready, they should have hold it for a while and hire some inside beta testers.
* Youtube app doesn't play videos in HD. Compared to my AppleTV, the difference it's huge. This is a 1080p SmartTV and there's not a single option on Youtube to play everything in 1080p or at least, 720p.
* Audio Output only gives us a option to select one instead of a multiple sound output. Sometimes I use a Digital Out Surround Systems, and in my old LG TV, I could use the TV Speakers and this digital audio at the same time and only mute the TV. It's the fastest way to use both. In this new smartv, I have go to the audio settings to choose the audio output everytime. For a slow system, it's a really painful solution.
* This TV has Bluetooth built in, and there's not a single option to pair a Keyboard, Mouse or a Audio Device. It's locked to LGs proprietary Bluetooth devices. It's inaceptable since Bluetooth technology is standard and to use a Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse/A2DP sound I have to get a pack that cames with a USB Bluetooth dongle. So all my BT keyboards and mouses that doesn't have that USB dongle can't be used.
* I own a LG G2 Smartphone and I cannot simple use the LG SmartShare. It's slow and crashes all the time, so sharing my videos and photos to TV it's simple mission impossible. The same goes for Wi-fi Direct. It simply doesn't work. And the same goes for the LG TV Remote App. It's very slow when we try to use the "mouse pointer".
* It's not possible to resize .srt subtitles and tags like <i> and <b> are not recognized by the TV. So not only I can't have Italic and Bold text, but those tags are also added to the subtitles like normal text...
And I notice this with just one week of usage, so obviously there's a lot more things to improve but this features are simple to use on my AppleTV and my LG can't handle them very well. I bought this TV and paid the extra money to get a good SmarTV compared to the 5700 model, with the intention to get rid off the Apple TV... but at this moment I just can't...