Quantcast

Amazon Video not working

Gandalf999

Question

I have an UH635V software version 03.20.05.

I launched Amazon Video and it said it needed an update. I agreed and it then took ages to download the update. The installation then failed. I tried again and it installed but when I try to launch it I am returned back to the TV and not Amazon. I deleted the app and reinstalled it but it still will not work.

It worked Ok before this update.

My internet is fine and I have a wired connection to the TV.

Anyone got a clue as to what has broken ?

Regards.

14 answers to this question

Same here and I've tried the same as Gandalf999 to no avail.

I suspect the problem is with the current Amazon update rather than the TV, but I am a bit worried now about updating the other apps -e.g. NOW TV is asking to be updated- until we know for sure.

Do LG monitor these forums?

sw1066 you are probably correct.

As a last resort I did a factory reset on my TV ( pain in the *&$e ) and then updated the Amazon app again and it still didn't work.

I have contacted Amazon via email and am now waiting for a reply.

The only trouble is you don't seem to be able to run an app that needs updating, you are forced to update, so I cannot use the older version.

I held off on the reset option, so thanks for that info - obviously no point.

Fortunately, my LG TV gives me the option of accepting an update or keeping the current version of any given app, so I can afford to wait a bit and see how this pans out before chancing other app updates!

I suppose we will have to wait now for a working update if it is Amazon's "fault" so to speak.

Please let me know what response you get from Amazon, and I will likewise post anything I learn on here in the meantime (it is useful to know that the update is not working on 2 different LG TVs though as that may tend to indicate that it is indeed the app at fault).

Deregistering the TV just means going into my Amazon account and going to Prime and clicking deregister. I was pretty sure that was complete bo$$&cks but did it anyway.

As I guessed it did sod all.

I relayed this information back and got another reply to go to settings and clear the cache.

There is no such thing on my TV. So I replied back.

They then sent back a list of generic, mostly pointless questions. I answered these and I asked if they realised, even though I told them several times, that my device was a TV.

I also suggested that they escalate this as I am pretty sure someone at Amazon knows about this problem.

They replied that they were currently aware of the issue ( Mine or generally as a whole ? Who knows. ) and are waiting for further information..

They have forwarded my emails to their technical team.

I am promised an update on the situation within 3 business days.

I will keep you posted. 

If you haven't done so already I would start by uninstalling the Amazon app and downloading the latest version from the LG content store (you should be able to do this through the TV). It could just be that the version you currently have got corrupted somehow - Amazon is working fine for me at the moment, so it's probably not a generic community wide issue.

Good luck!