Quantcast

Easy way to switch audio ouput

Hi!

Quick question:  is there a quick & easy way to switch audio output on a LG WebOS tv? 

Problem:

My wife likes to watch TV with the TV speakers as audio output. But when I watch a movie, I like to use my
link hidden, please login to view
which is connected through optical out. So we have do the following like 4 times a day:

Select Internal speakers:  home ► settings ► advanced setting ► Sound ► Sound Out ► Internal TV Speaker

or:

Select Optical Out:  home ► settings ► advanced setting ► Sound ► Sound Out ► Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)

I really hope there's a quicker way, because the menu system of WebOS is so slow on my LG 42LB670V. I have to wait like 10 seconds for every button I click.

Thanks!

Edit: Oops, I think this topic should've been posted in LG webOS TV Discussion. Feel free to move it.

Yes, there is a quicker way. 

In case you use a Magic Remote: there is a special button above the settings button. Push it and a onscreen-popup will appear. From there you can change the audio output directly.

Don't know if this button exist with the standard remote.

Another option may be the use of the voice control feature or the LG remote app for your smartphone. Haven't checked this but may be worth a try for you.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, I seem to have a different generation magic remote:

magicremote.png

There is no settings button. However, it does have a mic button. I'll try to find a (voice) command list for tv settings.

So far it just searches online to whatever I say in the mic.