Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

MLB.TV Issues with LG TV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hard2cu

hard2cu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 12:42 PM

I just recently purchased a new LG 65UH7700 TV and I am currently having problems with the MLB.TV app.  I can launch the app fine and I can start watching a live steaming game fine, but after about 30 seconds or so of watching a game, the app freezes and then the TV reboots.  I know it is not my internet connection because I can watch the games fine on other devices on the same network such as on my 5 year old LG TV, the Apple TV, or my iPad, or iPhone.  I purposely bought the LG TV over a Vizio because it had the MLB.TV app built in whereas the Vizio did not.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this an issue that I should return the TV for or have a technician come out to troubleshoot?  Please help!!

#2 Bert Arevalo

Bert Arevalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 07, 2016 - 06:52 AM

I have the same problem. Please help

#3 LoveMyOled

LoveMyOled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 09:13 PM

Same problem. I even hard wired the TV to my router, and turned off wifi. Was so bummed that did not fix it. Back to using my TIVO mlb.tv app.

#4 signtrucker

signtrucker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 02:14 PM

Purchased 49" LG 4K smart tv in July 2016. Out of the box everything worked great but the MLB App. Netflix YouTube and the rest work flawlessly. Picture freezes and stutters with MLB. Shuts down and closes out of the app. Tried rebooting router. Tried Ethernet and wireless. Tried everything. I'm watching games on iPad now. Seems to be a common problem with LG Smart TVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 hard2cu

hard2cu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 04:38 PM

FYI....I contacted LG directly back in May and they said that it is not an issue with LG, but rather an issue with MLB.TV.  I posted a similar discussion on MLB.TV and there were a lot of other people with the same issues for this TV.  Over time, when I mentioned when a fix was going to be in the works, I always got a response such as "we will forward this request to our developers for further testing and consideration" and then never hear back from them.  After 2 weeks of inactivity on the thread and they archive it to the point where it cannot be found.  I finally gave up and just decided to use other devices such as AppleTV, etc to connect.  I am not sure about everyone else, but according to the MLB.TV app on my TV, the last time it was updated was 5/19/2015 which seems to be the root cause of the problem.  They (MLB.TV) need to update the darn thing!!

#6 pmgerstner

pmgerstner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 11:08 AM

Thanks all for the info. Was having the same issue with major buffering issues and didnt believe it was in my end. All other apps worked perfectly. When I called LG they said the same thing that the issue was with MLB.TV and not LG. Using Xbox one to stream games but would be nice if it is resolved soon.

#7 MV Lions

MV Lions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 02:42 PM

I have the same problems you guys have with MLB.TV on my brand-new 49" LG smart TV. I am shocked that a 2016 model would have so much trouble with the ubiquitous MLB.TV app. As others have noted, Netflix and Amazon work fine.

I can stream games for three or four minutes before the MLB.TV app crashes and the TV abruptly restarts. Sometimes the image freezes and stutters before it crashes. I have enough bandwidth and a high enough upload speed, based on my recent system tests.

I successfully streamed one game: the Marlins-Mets game from Monday, Aug. 29. In the words of the MLB.TV troubleshooting page, I "power cycled" my router and TV beforehand and the stream worked. Subsequent efforts to power cycle—turn everything off and then back on, basically—have failed. Help.

#8 Rudyja111

Rudyja111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 12:58 PM

Just Purchased a brand new LG OLED 65" MLB app crashes the TV about 5-10 minutes into the game. Tried deleting the MLB app and reinstalling. No better.

Now I am back to using my Apple TV and things are just fine.

What the heck is going on with problem?

Rudy

#9 MV Lions

MV Lions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 01:02 PM

The MLB.TV app on my LG TV cannot handle a live stream of a game, but it apparently *can* play an archived game. I have twice fired up archived games and watched for several minutes with no streaming trouble.

Of course, I didn't pay $100 for MLB.TV to watch prerecorded baseball. I want to watch live.

#10 jjrstl

jjrstl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 09:30 PM

I have a 2016 OLED 55B6P TV that has crashes after a few minutes of streaming a live MLB.TV game. The screen freezes and the audio makes an En En En En weird sound before it restarts and tunes to a cable channel. I contacted LG Customer Service and received a response that it is an MLB.TV app problem. Our OLED TV has no problem streaming HD content from Amazon and we have Xfinity Extreme 105 Internet service. Our other TVs have no problem streaming live MLB.TV games and are located farther in distrance from our wireless router than our OLED TV. I going to try my Roku streaming stick on our OLED TV to see if our OLED TV will stream MLB.TV games via Roku. Frustrating response from LG. 

#11 MV Lions

MV Lions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 09:41 PM

I encourage one and all to lodge a customer service ticket with MLB.TV so as to encourage an app update as soon as possible. It's clearly a glitch with the MLB.TV app as it interacts with the LG Web OS.

I have been in contact with an agent for MLB.TV and have been told that they are "escalating this (case) for further research."

#12 hard2cu

hard2cu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 07, 2016 - 07:18 AM

I don't think it will do any good.  I have done that on more than one occasion and after going through needless troubleshooting steps, I am always given the same response, "escalating this (case) for further research."  Then, after about a day or two without activity in the discussion, it gets archived and can no longer be accessed.  This is what had prompted me to log in another discussion/ticket to only go through the same thing and to only receive the same response as before.  In that forum as well as this one, there were several people that responded with the same issues yet MLB.TV apparently does not want to address/fix the problem.  It has been over 6 months since my initial complaint to them and still no resolution.  In all honesty, I gave up and have just resolved to using my Apple TV or other devices to stream the games.  I did ask them, however, to remove the TV(s) for the compatability list and after my last look, they haven't even done that yet.  Good luck to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users