Quantcast

Help - Video thumb images not appearing on webOS 2.2 over DLNA

nashwan

Question

I have the following setup:

LG 55EF950V television which is running webOS 2.2.0-1317 (this should be the latest version of the OS).

I have a number of video files on my Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS which I connect to with the TV over DLNA (on the TV this is Smart Share -> Devices -> (NAS))

I can see all the video files and play them etc., however when viewing the list of files I dont see any thumb images even though I have a JPEG image for each file.  For example: "My Video.mkv" has a thumb call "My Video.jpg".  For collections I put a "cover.jpg" image in the directory (this doesnt work either on the LG TV).

Has anyone else out there managed to get a webOS 2 TV to show video thumb nail images for videos over DLNA?

BTW: this all works when I use a Samsung TV so I dont think it has anything to do with the way the Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS is setup.

5 answers to this question

You don't miss much.  The thumb image is VERY bad on the LG.  It's VERY pixelated.

I'd still like to get something rather than nothing :-)

Can you supply details of what you were using? the NAS? Image details? were they JPEG? what resolution etc?

Thanks.

I try to attach a picture to show you here but it doesn't let me...

I don't use NAS.  I use Serviio running on my PC.  The software is free and I already have a PC.  It's much cheaper than go by a NAS.  You can easily add more hard drive to PC if needed where NAS is only limited to the space.  You don't need a powerful PC neither.  Setting up is very straight forward.  You just add the folders where your media files are.  From the TV, under SmartShare, Device, you will see Serviio and drill down to your contents...

It would be great if you could answer nashwan's question as I have the same problem. I don't get up my folder art in thumbnail view. My folder art is named "folder.jpg". All I see are generic folders with the titles I have given them. I would like my folder art (folder.jpg files) to fill the folder icons for quick reference. 

Below is an example of what I see:

Thank you! Look forward to your reply :)

Thumbnail View.jpg