Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

Does WebOS support 4k via USB?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Callumpy

Callumpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 10:17 AM

Hello, I am thinking about purchasing a 4k LG TV with WebOS, but the only ways to watch 4k content currently seems to be via online sources such as Netflix, Amazon or YouTube according to this page on the WebOS developer site.

Could anyone give me any information on this, I'm hoping that the page I linked to is out of date and the TV actually can play 4k content, being a 4k TV and all. I'm also wondering if it supports other formats such as Matroska like some of the older LG TVs do.

Thank you in advance, help would be appreciated!

#2 dudelange

dudelange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 10:17 AM

It does support  mkv, avi, mp4 video file container with VIDEO/AUDIO standards x264, AC3, AAC, DTS via USB and DLNA, and x265 video format only on USB drive.

I hope they will support x265 via DLNA too soon because it is a pain having to copy a video to USB and then plug it into the TV when we have all medias on our network drives

#3 dudelange

dudelange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 10:19 AM

Forgot to mention that in general 4k videos, 2160p are encoded using x265, as per my message above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users