Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

How to change the location on LG 65UF950T TV

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 14, 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hi all.....

again I am a samsung TV user for many years, but this time I desicded to try LG, I bought LG 65UF950T TV from the Dubai, UAE, but when I wanted to download Netflix, ITV Iplayer and BBC Iplayer, I couldnt, I tried to change the location but locations availabel are Africa and Middle East. I did factory rest but no luck. Any idea how can I change the location to some where in Europe or USA please. I am very disappointed with this TV.

Thanks

#2 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 14, 2015 - 02:47 PM

There's another site that has instructions on how to change the location. If you have a phone/tablet with IR you can download the app from the android playstore and it will allow you to change the location...just make sure you write down the original..here is the link on how to do it...I bought the tv in Germany and I was able to download apps from the US...if u :
http://forums.webosn...g-webos-tv.html

#3 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 01:17 AM

Thanks KingP1n for your reply

I have read the link you mentioned, but is there other solution that doesn't require buying expensive equipment that I don't really need (harmony remote control).

Thanks

#4 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 01:02 PM

Do you own a smartphone or tablet with IR? If so I bought an app from the playstore called Service Menu Explorer for LG

#5 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 01:45 PM

I have an IPhone 6 if that work.....

#6 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Its an android app so I don't think you can find it in the apple app store...hopefully you can an old android phone or tablet with IR...

#7 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 10:08 PM

Sorry, I have only Iphone and Ipad....

#8 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:10 AM

Do you have a friend who owns android? This will be the cheapest way and you won't regret it....

#9 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:15 AM

Ok KingP1n, I will try to find someone with android, then what......

#10 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:29 AM

Just make sure what version you use it has an IR blaster built in (note 5, s4,s6 edge and samsung tablets have them etc). Download app it's a few $ ...open app and and go into the service menu...follow instructions on other link for correct code to use in order to enter the service menu....go into location and write down the original number for your location. Now change the location to US or whatever country you want...turn tv off...go into settings and find location. Here it's gng to ask you to input a zip code...I used a random zip from the states (i.e. 22132). Now the lg store sld populate and you must go into the premium apps. You also might need to create another lg account in order to access premium apps. If you use USA as location you can download pandora..iheartradio. ..Netflix etc....

#11 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:33 AM

Also...I have family in the states so they let me use their netflix log in and amazon prime log in. I downloaded for almost a year and have no issues

#12 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 03:15 AM

Thanks again KingP1n, I will ask around and see if I can get a friend with android and fellow your instructions. Will let you know in few days. Thanks again

#13 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 11:48 AM

Any luck?

#14 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 03:57 PM

No not yet, still looking for android mobile phone, no one I know has one, all iPhones, as soon as I get one I will let you know.

Thanks KingP1n for asking again

#15 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 12:57 PM

KingP1n, at last I found a friend who has Samsung mobile and I download the app and it worked, thanks for your help.
Now I changed the region to UK, wanted to download Skype but couldn't, it's not in the LG content store/Premium/apps and games, do you know how can I download load Skype. Thanks

#16 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 01:11 PM

I haven't changed my location to US in awhile but I know for sure the European location has Skype in the premium apps....I have my current location to Spain and just looked in there and it does show skype for download....I'm not sure if the US location removed it but you may try the Europe location and see if it works....let me know...

#17 Ram

Ram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 02:09 PM

Tried UK, France, Belgium and Spain, all of them have no Skype on PREMUM, what am I doing wrong here...

#18 KingP1n

KingP1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 05:14 PM

I'm not sure what's gng on...but i think LG removed the Skype app temporarily. ...I say try again and a few weeks....did u create a new account once u switched location?

https://support.skyp...ared-from-my-tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users