Quantcast

Don't buy LG SmartTV's! it doesn't play FLASH videos!

SherifElAggan

Question

Yes!
i brought the TV for almost 2 months, and just 2 days back i was trying to use the "SMART" features but i was shocked when i found out that the TV doesn't support Flash videos! 
i started to search about it and it seems that's true.
for me its now absolutely useful and meaningful all the money i spend to get this 55"smart TV because i didn't get the simplest thing ever which is watching online clip from a website other that YouTube!
the over all webOS feels less than expected. and doesn't support many apps that are available in Samsung TV's which most of my friends has!
The bottom line is: spend litter more and get Samsung TV instead of the LG replicas!
Thanks,

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

There's almost no TV on the market that support Flash.

Also Flash is dead!! 

link hidden, please login to view

Future of streaming on Internet will be HTML5, unfortunately not all websites migrated yet to this format..

Instead of asking for a TV that support flash, ask the website to replace flash with HTML5!

• Like 1

Some SAMSUNG TV's have Flash but when you go to a website, it says you need to upgrade Flash and as the TVs run 32-bit unix, there is no later version and so the short answer is 'no' TV's support Flash, no mobile devices, no TV streaming boxes. Why on earth would anyone want Flash support? Flash is dead. 

I know some sites still use it but you know if you tell the site you are using an iPad Safari browser they pretty much all serve an HTML5 alternative.

It is a shame that the User Agent that the LG TV browser gives to the web server makes the web server think it is Flash capable platform.

If there are any LG developers on here, would you be able to raise the possibility of 'spoofing' the User Agent with LG?

You can find your User Agent by pointing the TV's browser to whatsmyua.com

Now that google Chrome and Apple Safari have announced they will no longer support Flash by the end of 2016, I think a lot more sites will do away with reliance on it.

• Like 1