Quantcast

WebOS2 & Plex

Michael Ryan Thomson

Question

Hi All,

So the folks over at Plex said a week or three back that LG had rejected their App for WebOS2.

Given my TV only really gets used for Plex based content, i've disabled the auto updates in the hopes of avoiding the WebOS2 update promised for 2014 models.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has done the WebOS2 update and how it's gone, I'm also interested in discovering if the Plex app works in WebOS2 at all, or not at all or what the status of it is.  I've had no luck getting an update from Plex on the status of their rejected App so I thought i'd ask in here.

Thanks in advance.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By Lgrump
      Is it just me or is the plex app just unusable on webos.  When I try to select dvr items with the magic remote they just don’t play.  I am not sure if this is a plex issue or an lg webos issue.  Anyone know which it is?
    • By Jason Worthen
      I need to set my plex app settings to allow insecure connections. and I have tried everything to find a menu to the plex app settings. But I cant seam to find a way there.

• By Denneke
      Hello,
      I have installed the Plex app op my CX65 but I can not reach my synology nas via smb. I have an older synology version which isnt able to transcode, so i want to use the tv for transcoding.
      Is it possible to access my synology via smb with the plex app? How can i do this? Is it necassary to install media server on my synology?
      Thank you.
    • By Noel Walker
      When trying to load the Plex app on an LGWebOs smart TV, app says :-
      CHECK NETWORK CONNECTION    Error CODE : -337
      This may be a temporary issue. 
      Please try again later. 
      (RETRY)     (EXIT APP)

Firstly my network connection is fine. Netflix and YouTube loads and runs just seamlessly. This has only been happening in the last few months If I (RETRY) after a long wait sometimes it connects and loads correctly or I get the same error again. I have tried other Plex clients on my home server and they work just fine.  Specs:
      LG OLED65C8PTA TV running Web OS 04.10.15. LG Plex client app is version 2.1.6 from Sep 2016 Plex server is on my QNAP NAS and at version 1.13.5.291 from Sep 2018. I guess my question is, if the LG Plex client app hasn't changed since 2016 and my Plex server is working for other clients, then what is going wrong?
      Cheers
      Noel