Quantcast

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

To answer my own questions :), I was able to create an answer file and point the TV to a file that was server locally on my computer. It successfully upgraded to 04.41.39, wchich I got from the LG support site for my TV. Then I did an OTA update to 04.45.x and everything is back to stock. The model is HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAATAA again, which is the right one. Thanks for the great tool Simon!! It makes upgrades and downgrades a breeze.

Good job man0072, but are you sure that this is HE_DTV_NC4M_AFAAABAA, not HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAABAA?

BTW This tool is done primarily by Russian hackers. I have just modified it a little and ordered it to be more transparent and easier to use, especially for members of this forum.

Hi thanks for the great work on this. 

When i tried to update my 50LB650 TV using my desktop PC it wouldn't work, when I tried using my laptop it worked great. I think it was because the desktop PC has Windows 10 and the laptop windows 7.

Thanks again

Indeed, you right, I've heard about problems with Windows 10, but I use it personally and I had no such problems.

The downgrade installed a firmware meant for a EU TV. Now I am unable to update and in the service menu it has some errors forHDMI 2.0 is listed as NG and the country code  has EU. The app store does not work either.

How can I fix this? How can I install the correct firmware using the correct file?

The downgrade installed a firmware meant for a EU TV. Now I am unable to update and in the service menu it has some errors forHDMI 2.0 is listed as NG and the country code  has EU. The app store does not work either.

How can I fix this? How can I install the correct firmware using the correct file?

I need your location, firmware version after downgrade and model name from in_dump file - <MODEL_NM>??_???_????_????????</MODEL_NM>

I am in the USA firmware after downgrade is 3.23.06.1 HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAATAA

First download

link hidden, please login to view
and unpack it to C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs

Then edit HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAABAA file in C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs like this:

<RESPONSE><RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD>
<MSG>Success</MSG><REQ_ID>00000000002475918986</REQ_ID>
<IMAGE_URL>
<IMAGE_SIZE>657983572</IMAGE_SIZE>
<IMAGE_NAME>starfish-atsc-secured-goldfinger-38.arches-383802-04.50.43-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME>
<IMAGE_CHECKSUM>0x1812e492</IMAGE_CHECKSUM>
<UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>04</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>
<UPDATE_MINOR_VER>50.43</UPDATE_MINOR_VER>
<FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG>
<KE></KE>
<GMT>1 Jun 2015 16:30:47 GMT</GMT>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CDN_URL>
<CONTENTS></CONTENTS></RESPONSE>

Just copy that all and overwrite with HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAABAA file content. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address. 

Now run downgrade process as in the tutorial.

SIMON, you have written this manual by yourself or stole someone else's instruction and assign it without leaving any references to the author? ;)

Seriously?  :huh: I wrote this tutorial step by step for LGwebOS forum users few days after successful downgrade based on description found on Polish blog. References to the author I left in archive by signing in a text file with my tutorial.

So, if you have any problem with that, feel free to PM me with your questions - here we are talking about firmware downgrade. Thank you.  ;)

Hi SIMON. I have an LB6300 and I'm getting "Update Failed due to Unknown Error". I cant figure it out. I've downgraded this TV before using the exact same method. Any idea where this error comes from? 

EDIT: I fixed it! I had to let it downgrade to 03.xx.x and then it let me downgrade to whatever i wanted. Thanks for the write up!

• Like 1

-This Downgrade Tutorial is for LG UB850V-

Tutorial for Downgrade to 5.00.04 FW!

1.here are the LGUpdater Folder with my manual settings.

link hidden, please login to view

2.Edit the AcylicHosts File with your PC IP Adress.

#############################################################################
# #
# IF YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THIS FILE YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE ACRYLIC DNS #
# PROXY SERVICE IN ORDER TO SEE THEIR EFFECTS. #
# #
# This is the AcrylicHosts.txt file. #
# #
# It contains predefined mappings between names and addresses exactly the #
# same way the native HOSTS file does. #
# #
# The format is: IPADDRESS HOSTNAME1 [HOSTNAME2] [HOSTNAME3] ... #
# #
# Where IPADDRESS is in quad-dotted notation and HOSTNAMES are strings. #
# #
# The separator between IPADDRESS and HOSTNAMES can be any number of spaces #
# or tabs or both. If the HOSTNAMES contain the special characters '*' and #
# '?' a (slow) "dir" like pattern matching algorithm is used instead of a #
# (fast) binary search within the list of host names: #
# #
# 127.0.0.1 ad.* ads.* #
# #
# If a HOSTNAME starts with the '/' character instead it is treated like a #
# regular expression (also very slow compared to a binary search): #
# #
# 127.0.0.1 /^ads?\..*$ #
# #
# Note: More info about the regular expression engine and its syntax can be #
# found at:  #
# #
# It is also possible to specify exceptions when regular expressions or #
# pattern based matching is used. If for example we would like to filter #
# out all ads.* like domains except for the ads.test1 and the ads.test2 we #
# should write: #
# #
# 127.0.0.1 ads.* -ads.test1 -ads.test2 #
# #
# Note: A line starting with the '#' character (and everything after it if #
# it's found within a line) is considered a comment and therefore ignored. #
# #
#############################################################################

127.0.0.1 localhost
###.###.#.## snu.lge.com
###.###.#.## lgtvonline.lge.com

3.edit the HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAABAA File inside the htdocs Folder with your PC-IP Adress.(Open with Editor)

<RESPONSE><RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD><MSG>Success</MSG><REQ_ID>00000000001095060917</REQ_ID><IMAGE_URL>###.###.#.##</IMAGE_URL><IMAGE_SIZE>645152780</IMAGE_SIZE><IMAGE_NAME>starfish-dvb-secured-goldfinger-23.ashley.goldfinger-2304-05.00.04-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME><UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>05</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER><UPDATE_MINOR_VER>00.04</UPDATE_MINOR_VER><FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG><KE></KE><GMT>9 Apr 2014 16:01:07 GMT</GMT><ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO><CDN_URL>http://###.###.#.##/starfish-dvb-secured-goldfinger-23.ashley.goldfinger-2304-05.00.04-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</CDN_URL><CONTENTS></CONTENTS></RESPONSE>

4.Download this FW 5.00.04.

Direct Link: 

Attention!!! THIS FW!!! Its for Germany,GB,Russia and so on.
If your TV its an European Version.

• для наших стран ->  от 09.2015 (на системе ashley вместо arches);

Use Google Translate for more Information on this WebOS.ru Site please.

5.Put the downloaded FW in the htdocs Folder.

6.wire with a normal LAN Crossovercable PC to TV.

7.Start startDNS,then startHHTP .bat File.
Dont Close this 2 Prompt Windows!

8.Now go to your TV Network Settings and set your IP Adress ( see it in Status information-Windows7,for example) there.

9.Go to your TV Info Tab and click on: Update

10.Now it must start the Update Progress Status bar.

11.Finish!!!

11.1 Return TV Network Setting to -Automatic-.

12. SMILE clear.png

PS: if you want another FW to Downgrade,you must edit the complete HE_DTV,AcrylicHosts File with the Information from this specific FW.

I hope i could help you and another desperate Members here. clear.png

Greetings

8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it

can not get this to stay running. it shuts down right away..  running windows 7 as the admin.

would love to downgrade this as my live chat with LG support did not go well.. and they say new update with in 3 weeks.. and they do not have an option to downgrade the WebOS.    tired of it running out of memory.. just want the older version back.

thanks in advance for your help with this.

Hi all - for what it 's worth, I just spoke to LG helpdesk about this WebOS debacle causing my tv to crash every 15 minutes. I have been on the phone to them four times or so over the past two weeks. Last week I was told an update would be within days; today they backtracked - said previous helpdesk colleague was wrong to say that; said that LG doesn't tell them when fw releases or patches will be issued.. Nice.. 

Ciao SIMON , first of all thanks for helping everybody , as far i realize this WebOS  :angry:  it's a big mess, since i update my 47lb652v with the new firmare 5.00.04 I start having problem  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  with my internet connection ( very very slow almost nothing, I can't use anymore YouTube and Smart iptv, ).

Your tutorial for downgrade will be good also for my tv 47lb652v ? , and if yes were i can get the last working firmware

Thanks

• Like 1

Ciao Zen.   ;) Don't be angry, life is too short. We all know that webOS 1.x in our TVs is very nice piece of shit, but there are more important things in our life and things like that it's only shitty decoration. Anyway, in answer to your question - I think yes, it will be good also for your TV. Just try to downgrade with my instruction and when you done, go to TV menu and do update by OTA to next firmware which you want. If you get any problems, let me know to help you more. 

• Like 1

Hi all - for what it 's worth, I just spoke to LG helpdesk about this WebOS debacle causing my tv to crash every 15 minutes. I have been on the phone to them four times or so over the past two weeks. Last week I was told an update would be within days; today they backtracked - said previous helpdesk colleague was wrong to say that; said that LG doesn't tell them when fw releases or patches will be issued.. Nice.. 

Hi caerleonite. Here we are talking about firmware downgrade. If you want to talk about firmware versions, problems with it etc., feel free to talk about in WebOS TV Firmware version topic.  ;)