Quantcast

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

Hello again guys. First, thank you for your thanks, it's very motivating. ;) Nice to see satisfied users, now we have to do something for the others. I could not do anything earlier, because I had problems with my network, but finally I updated LgDTVupdater and now you can download it and try to downgrade your firmware. I hope it goes well now. If not, we will try to do it individually. So let's try and please let me know about successes. Good luck.

It actually worked, woohoo! I successfully downgraded to 3.23.32. Now how do I upgrade to 04.41.39? I created a USB drive with LG_DTV folder and the starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-32.arches-3239-04.41.39-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk file in it. But when I insert in the TV, only SmartShare message pops up, no update. Thanks for any more info!

It says No update was found.

Okay still working on it.

It actually worked, woohoo! I successfully downgraded to 3.23.32. Now how do I upgrade to 04.41.39? I created a USB drive with LG_DTV folder and the starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-32.arches-3239-04.41.39-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk file in it. But when I insert in the TV, only SmartShare message pops up, no update. Thanks for any more info!

Good. Try to update by OTA, them do it with USB.

Just try and let us know. This knowledge also we need. I have only one TV model, you have to help me somehow.

I did try, see post #38. Everything works but when it says its updating nothing happens. Thanks.

Maybe the problem is with NZ ISP? Should I try using a VPN?

Here is the

link hidden, please login to view

Okay, thanks, this is firmware file. I thought that you mean another file.

I did try, see post #38. Everything works but when it says its updating nothing happens. Thanks.

Maybe the problem is with NZ ISP? Should I try using a VPN?

Oh, sorry, you right. It is not ISP problem. I think it's your TV series 9xxx problem. 

I read trough your script and I see that it forces HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAATAA model to install firmware for HE_DTV_NC4M_AFAAABAA instead. Would that create any issues for getting back to stock firmware/OTA updates?

I am currently stuck on 3.23. and CEC is not working for my STB or any of my other components. I really need to get back on 04.41.39, which was the last version for my 70LB7100-UC TV before 5.00.04. I am unable to update via USB as I belive the firmware (starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-32.arches-3239-04.41.39-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk) doesn't work because my TV thinks that it is HE_DTV_NC4M_AFAAABAA now. Nothing happens when I insert the USB drive and OTA does not find any updates either. How do I make my TV become the correct model HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAATAA again? Or which 04.41.39 firmware do I need to download/install that is compatible?

Thanks for your help!

To answer my own questions :), I was able to create an answer file and point the TV to a file that was server locally on my computer. It successfully upgraded to 04.41.39, wchich I got from the LG support site for my TV. Then I did an OTA update to 04.45.x and everything is back to stock. The model is HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAATAA again, which is the right one. Thanks for the great tool Simon!! It makes upgrades and downgrades a breeze.

Hi thanks for the great work on this. 

When i tried to update my 50LB650 TV using my desktop PC it wouldn't work, when I tried using my laptop it worked great. I think it was because the desktop PC has Windows 10 and the laptop windows 7.

Thanks again

I tried both win 7 and 10 and same thing happens, after accepting update nothing happens, it just says 'updating'.

Q. How long after accepting update do you wait?..and when do you restart the TV?