Quantcast

The Solution For Flash Player Problem !!

Hi , clearly if you own LG "stupid" TV so you must know three things first that it doesn't support flash player which it's required for %90 of the internet websites , second that you probably knew that after you purchased the TV after the false lg ads that says the TV running WebOS which's mean it must open any webpage on the damn internet third that you got Ripped Off by LG and will not get any help from them, so after searching the internet for hours and asking for some help from Pro Programmers and Developers i knew that the only way around is another web browser app has an integrated flash player and be installed through USB somehow as it's a software update or something, so if we all together the people who wants the app hired a freelancer developer for the job can get a final solution for the flash problem, who is in ?!

• Like 1

LG is screwing a lot with the WebOS but...

Forget about Flash. Flash is dying and it's not true that it's present on 90% of Internet Webpages anymore.

Most present Flash nowadays it's in Ads form. And most video players (on the desktop) that still uses flash, have the HTML5 Video option and it's there that we should focus.

If WebOS and his browser alone are slow and painfull to use, now imagine it they allow us to use Flash. The TV would simply crash, because Flash is very angry in CPU and RAM, that's why most mobile phones today doesn't even have Flash installed anymore.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

LG is screwing a lot with the WebOS but...

Forget about Flash. Flash is dying and it's not true that it's present on 90% of Internet Webpages anymore.

Most present Flash nowadays it's in Ads form. And most video players (on the desktop) that still uses flash, have the HTML5 Video option and it's there that we should focus.

If WebOS and his browser alone are slow and painfull to use, now imagine it they allow us to use Flash. The TV would simply crash, because Flash is very angry in CPU and RAM, that's why most mobile phones today doesn't even have Flash installed anymore.

Finally. Someone talking sense. I actually don't know that many sites which still use Flash. And would not want a browser on my TV to use either. Too resource intensive and buggy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Flash is not dead. Arguably it is inferior and should be, however it is still very much entrenched and used in many key websites. Try watching any of the commercial free to air TV websites in Australia such as 9jumpin or 7plus and they all require Flash Player to work. Prior to buying the LG "smart" TV we were loyal LG purchasers. We are so disappointed with it on discovering that so many of the things we want to watch require Flash Player which is not supported, that the smart TVs we have bought (today) for our kids Christmas presents are not LG. LG just lost three sales and that's just from me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      LG’s Innovative In-Vehicle Infotainment Capabilities Combine With Magna’s Cutting-
      Edge ADAS and AD Technologies in Companies’ Latest Collaboration

SEOUL, Jan. 4, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) will hold a private demonstration for major automakers at CES 2024, introducing a new cross domain platform integrating Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), Automated Driving (AD) and In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) technologies. Developed by LG in collaboration with Magna, a global mobility tech company, the game-changing future mobility platform is expected to arrive on the market in the near future.
      Initiated in 2023, the collaboration leverages the combined technological prowess of LG and Magna, to help deliver differentiated user experiences in the vehicle cabin. The two companies have successfully integrated a cross domain cockpit computing system into a single System on Chip (SoC) representing a flexible and cost-effective solution for OEMs.
      The single electronic module supports multiple IVI systems and ADAS/AD domain integration, and can efficiently handle various Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) requirements while using fewer electronic control units and taking up less packaging space. This scalable solution is ideal for the coming transition towards the Software-Defined Vehicle (SDV) and for the consolidation of its electrical/electronic architecture. The integration of functionalities into a single module enables the real-time sharing of rich data across domains.
      Via a dedicated Human Machine Interface (HMI), LG’s platform can provide drivers and passengers with compelling, new experiences – and more intuitive interactions – when using advanced automotive displays, digital clusters, Augmented Reality-Head Up Displays (AR-HUD) and visualization software. Additionally, the solution can be customized to meet any OEM’s integrated communications and IVI system needs. 2027 model year vehicles are expected to be the first to benefit from this advanced technology.
      “We are extremely pleased with the progress we have made on this future mobility technology,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “LG and Magna’s joint efforts will help push the industry forward, facilitating the rapid adoption of crucial technologies that elevate driving safety and the on-road experience.”
      Another successful collaboration between the two companies, LG Magna e-Powertrain unites Magna’s expertise in electric powertrain systems with LG’s capabilities in component development for e-motors, inverters and on-board chargers. Announced in 2021, the joint venture, which encompasses engineering, design and manufacturing, enables LG and Magna to proactively respond to market trends and deliver innovative solutions to fulfill customers’ evolving needs.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Matt Moran
      Hi
      In the media player, it is quite difficult to see which item is selected.
      Would it be possible to do something to make the selected item more distinguishable like putting a border around it?
      Thanks
      Matt
    • By Bob17821
      The Wi-Fi module in my LG TV, roughly 5 or six years old, (WebOS UJ6300) is apparently broken.  I am looking for a solution cheaper and maybe more interesting than having the TV repaired.  There are devices which will pick up Wi-Fi, convert it to ethernet, and deliver it to the male  part of an ethernet port.  In the past I have used such a device to provide Wi-Fi support to a desktop computer which did not have Wi-Fi support but did have an ethernet port.  I forget the particulars, but it did work just fine. But a smart TV with Web 0S is not a desktop or laptop computer.  My concern is how to provide the SSID and password to the device.  My vague recollection is that such a device in a laptop or desktop computer can trigger a dialogue which requests the SSID and password.  But will web OS provide such a dialogue?  If I recall correctly, wired ethernet connections do not require SSIDs or passwords.

Thanks,  Bob
    • By Kemal Sözüner
      I recently bought a LG TV with WebOS version 8.1 and have a frustrating issue.
      I have a usb disk with all my family photos & videos archive in it. 
      We love to browse through the pictures and videos on big screen.
      But current LG TV media player displays either pictures or videos. I want to see them in the order they were captured.
      It would be great to enable this feature when "Photos & Videos" filter is selected.

• By Kemal Sözüner
      I recently bought a LG TV with WebOS version 8.1 and have a frustrating issue.
      I have a usb disk with all my family photos & videos archive in it. 
      We love to browse through the pictures and videos on big screen.
      But current LG TV media player displays either pictures or videos. I want to see them in the order they were captured.
      Is there a way or another app to view photos & videos at the same time? (slideshow)