Quantcast

UB8500 and Directv RVU 4K compatibility

Chris Zepeda

Question

So today I found out Directv just activated 4K resolution service. I called Directv customer support and found out the TV must be RVU compatible/compliant. I called a LG customer service rep to ask if my 4K TV has RVU and the rep actually asked me what RVU was. God help me. Does anyone know if the latest firmware update included the RVU standard? Or is this a future update since RVU is a software based install?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Varoshiotis
      Hi All, I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

I offered to help a friend repair his LG 42LB650V 3D TV; it powers ON, the red light at the bottom of the screen comes ON, then it flashes a few times on pressing any channel on the remote and that's it. (I think the TV then switches OFF). NOTHING is ever displayed on the Screen and my friend assures me that the screen is working (& has not been bashed or broken).

I managed to get a 'broken screen' TV (again Model 42LB650V) and replaced the Power Board - no joy (behaves as before).
      I wanted to then replace the Main Board BUT found out that the two TVs (despite having the same Model Number 42LB650V) differ!:
      My friend's TV (the one I'd like to repair) Main Board has Markings: EAX65384004 (1.5) & EBT63439306.
      The 'Broken Screen' TV has Main Board Markings: EAX65384003 (1.2), I think the other Part Number is EBT62383444.
      The Two Main Connectors on the Main Boards are different!

I continue to try and find a cheap Main Board for sale but to date have not succeeded - I have found some for £75 - 100) but hope there is a cheaper option and I continue to search!

In the meantime I wonder if there is another workaround - i.e. is there a way that I can utilise the working screen TV but replace other parts (Main Board + Others) from the Broken Screen TV? Or, are the Screens also different and so my only option is to purchase an expensive Main Board?

If so, am I constrained to searching for that exact Main Board (eg. EAX65384004 (1.5) & EBT63439306) or are there additional boards that are compatible?

I hope someone can please advise me?

Thank you.
    • By Marco Marcellino
      Since a couple of years I convert my pictures from raw on Google's format more efficient of JPG (about 30% less with the same quality) is a format natively used by google (home page, g+, images search, facebook and all Android devices (from 4.0 version) as well as supported by browsers chrome, Opera and early from Firefox. I'd like webOS inserts the native compatibility to decode this format of images. Thanks!
    • By MEA
      Hi, I'm looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones to use with an LG 65sm8600pta TV. A lot of headphone reviews talk about the importance of the aptx standard/codec in making sure there is no lag in audio and to keep the picture and audio in sync. The manual for my TV says only that it supports LGs proprietary 'sound sync' standard. I can't find any headphones that have that compatibility. Does anyone know if LG TVs support aptx, and if not, what is the best way to make sure I don't spend $300 on good over ear headphones but I can't get them to sync?

• By DOLORES
      Cómo puedo obtener la APP DIRECTV GO en un televisor LG Modelo 86SJ957T-DA con versión webOS 3.8.0-61110?
    • By MalcolmW
      I have recently purchased a LG 55NANO86 TV.  Great TV which I am still getting used to!  I have a question about compatibility of the LG built in web browser functionality with the iFollow football streaming service, used in the UK (and elsewhere).  This is a paid for service which allows streamling of live football games.  I have tried several times unsucessfully to use the built in LG browser on the TV to access and watch a game.  Whilst it successfully shows the iFollow website and allows purchase of the stream, unfortunately the link to the live stream which should pop up a window with the stream, fails to load properly and leaves either a blank screen or a screen with the stop icon displayed.  Does anyone know if this is a known incompatibility issue or am I doing something wrong?  I have used the same iFollow website to view historical match highlights and this works without problem.
      [Fortunately I can stream the iFollow stream to my iPad and then use an AV adaptor to mirror it to the TV so I can still get the match to the TV, but I would prefer to do his without the hassle of connecting the iPad.]
      Any suggestions/advice welcome.
      Malcolm