Quantcast

Where is webOS headed in the future?

Mike

Now that HP has dropped it's webOS hardware and firesaled everything (got a touchpad), the question is what's next? There are some rumors online about licensing, purchases by other companies, who knows. Are we going to see new hardware?

Some are saying that Samsung is a potential buyer, or even HTC. Maybe they's just license it from HP? What are your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

dont forget that samsung licenses winmo7 and android , so its still on the table that they could license webOS to get more product out the door .

Really? Samsung CEO said never to purchasing, right? I would hope licensing is still on the table. Do you feel that there will be more than one licensee?

I think HP will license to more than one company including its spin off business whatever that will be

They better decide soon or at least announce some direction. There's allot of competition out there and it's just going to get worse for webos the later it gets rolling. My concern is that we don't see it on mobile phones but just on tablets, printers, etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      At MODEX 2024, North America’s premier logistics exhibition, LG demonstrated its strong commitment to meeting the evolving needs of the global logistics industry. The company’s standalone booth featured a wide range of customized solutions for modern warehousing and smart factory environments – from order-picking robots to robot control systems incorporating high-speed communications technologies.
      LG’s innovative AI-powered industrial robots headline a diverse lineup of solutions that can help fulfillment logistics companies enjoy a seamless digital transformation (DX). Consisting of two zones – the Distribution Center and Smart Factory – the company’s booth at MODEX provided real-world scenarios clearly illustrating the immense value and operational efficiency that LG’s robots can deliver.

Impressing visitors to the Distribution Center zone, the
      link hidden, please login to view is a specialized AI-powered logistics robot with autonomous driving capabilities that can collect and transport items within a facility. The LG CLOi CarryBot is available in two types: a capable of sorting and storing various items, and a for loading and transporting large, heavy items. Travelling at speeds of up to 1.2 meters per second, LG CLOi CarryBot can swiftly carry goods or materials across expansive logistics warehouses. Thanks to Fast-X, LG’s optimized autonomous driving technology, the CLOi CarryBot is able to safely navigate its way around storage bays and work stations; automatically adjusting speeds in response to actual conditions. Visitors to LG’s booth at MODEX also had the opportunity to view LG’s high-load logistics robots, which are designed to transport fully-loaded pallets weighing up to 250 kilograms. For convenient management, the company’s pallet-moving robots integrate smoothly with customers’ existing Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). This allows for efficient task allocation, with the WMS able to communicate order information to, and explore optimal routes for, each robot connected to the system.

Inside the Smart Factory zone, LG exhibited robots, such as the Mobile Manipulator, that can play an active role in enhancing efficiency in smart factories. An autonomous mobile robot (AMR), the Mobile Manipulator is designed to improve productivity and quality control. This solution features multi-joint articulated arms that are capable of performing a range of complex actions. Unlike conventional robots, which can only handle a single task, the Mobile Manipulator can complete a wide variety of jobs, including transporting parts, assembling products and conducting quality inspections across diverse processes. It can also move autonomously between stations on a production line as and when required.

What’s more, LG introduced its brand-new robotic logistics platforms and solutions for smart factories, such as the Flex-RPS (Robotic Production System). Utilizing ‘collaborative’ robots that combine mobility with the attributes of multi-joint, single-arm robotic solutions, Flex-RPS can be installed and moved between different production or logistics areas, offering a new level of flexibility and operational efficiency. Additionally, LG showed off its low-floor AMR, which can help speed up workflow with its enhanced pallet-lifting capabilities.

LG has also introduced solutions, accompanied by LG’s private 5G network, that eventually increases the operational efficiency of logistics and smart factories. By leveraging the fast transmission speed and low latency of 5G, the solutions not only establish optimized movement routes for multiple logistics robots, moving simultaneously, but also prevent safety accidents using real-time monitoring and control.

With its showcase at MODEX 2024, LG underscored its dedication to pioneering innovative solutions for the logistics industry. LG will continue to apply its technology and design expertise, and its deep understanding of its customers’ needs, to usher in a brand-new era in logistics automation.
      # # #

• By tomatowarden
      Hey everyone, I've been using my LG WebOS TV for some time now, and there's a small but impactful change I'd love to see. Currently, when the TV is turned on without an HDMI input, it defaults to displaying a wallpaper. It's not aesthetically pleasing, it's a bit of an inconvenience for users like me who primarily use the TV's smart features.My suggestion is to include an option that allows the TV to boot directly into the Home screen, displaying all the available apps and streaming options right away. This would streamline the user experience, making it faster and easier to access the services we use most.Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this. Cheers!
    • By Akshay007
      Altt Balaji application is not available in the App Store of the LG WebOS TV 43UQ8040PSB  model. Please could you help me find the app or any alternative way to install this application.
      Appreciate for your help thanks. 
    • By Monsieurto
      I have a TV, brand is not LG but firmware is WebOS Hub 2.0 and webos version is 7.3.2.

Can I upgrade WebOS Hub 2.0 to 2.0S? Thank you.
    • By Musica napoli live e anteprime
      Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to exceed a speed of 100 mb/s with an Ethernet adapter for LG webos 3.5 TV and if so which adapter? I tried the one from Cable Matters but nothing