Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

Where is webOS headed in the future?

webOS Future

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:29 AM

Now that HP has dropped it's webOS hardware and firesaled everything (got a touchpad), the question is what's next? There are some rumors online about licensing, purchases by other companies, who knows. Are we going to see new hardware?

Some are saying that Samsung is a potential buyer, or even HTC. Maybe they's just license it from HP? What are your thoughts?

#2 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 09:09 PM

Now that Samsung CEO has said "never' to purchasing webos, It doesn't look good. HTC also said no I believe.

#3 shadavis08

shadavis08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL.

Posted September 03, 2011 - 05:23 PM

dont forget that samsung licenses winmo7 and android , so its still on the table that they could license webOS to get more product out the door .

#4 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 05:44 PM

dont forget that samsung licenses winmo7 and android , so its still on the table that they could license webOS to get more product out the door .

Really? Samsung CEO said never to purchasing, right? I would hope licensing is still on the table. Do you feel that there will be more than one licensee?

#5 shadavis08

shadavis08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL.

Posted September 04, 2011 - 10:20 PM

I think HP will license to more than one company including its spin off business whatever that will beĀ 

#6 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 09:33 AM

I think HP will license to more than one company including its spin off business whatever that will be

They better decide soon or at least announce some direction. There's allot of competition out there and it's just going to get worse for webos the later it gets rolling. My concern is that we don't see it on mobile phones but just on tablets, printers, etc.

#7 shadavis08

shadavis08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL.

Posted September 05, 2011 - 01:02 PM

They better decide soon or at least announce some direction. There's allot of competition out there and it's just going to get worse for webos the later it gets rolling. My concern is that we don't see it on mobile phones but just on tablets, printers, etc.

that may be the case to ?! idk lol

#8 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted September 07, 2011 - 11:21 PM

I myself was hoping for Samsung or HTC hardware.

#9 shadavis08

shadavis08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL.

Posted September 08, 2011 - 09:44 PM

anyone that picks it up right now would be better than not knowing anything at all !!

#10 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 07:06 AM

anyone that picks it up right now would be better than not knowing anything at all !!

I agree 100%.

#11 ajmboy

ajmboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 12:20 PM

Boy, I hope there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel!

#12 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 09:57 AM

I don't think anyone wants webos at this point. Rumors are drying up. Hopefully we'll get some new rumors this coming week...lol.

#13 shadavis08

shadavis08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL.

Posted September 18, 2011 - 08:36 PM

If its not rumors of new hardware then webOS in the consumer point of view will die !

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

#14 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 06:04 AM

If its not rumors of new hardware then webOS in the consumer point of view will die !

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

This is the sad truth.

#15 shadavis08

shadavis08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL.

Posted September 23, 2011 - 07:19 AM

Well iy seems they traded one wrong person for the job with another of the same caliber lol .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

#16 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 06:00 AM

I have to agree on that. News is slow in webos land, I am keeping my fingers crossed for some new direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users