Quantcast

Hello All,

I just recenly purchased a 55LB6500 and have noticed some issues:

1. It lags after start up; giving me a message that asks me to wait before I can use the smart features.

2. It continuously lags and has problems connecting to the internet, sometimes my apps wont open giving me network error messages.

Is this something normal? Can I make it faster?

I've been reading some posts online not in favor of this OS for Smart TVs and a lot of people are upset.

I am considering trying to get this SmartTV changed for another brand if these issues are something that cannot be fixed at the moment (they appear to be as several other people are complaining online about this WebOS)

Thank you

Jonathan

There are definitely complaints about the slowness. Tomorrow, LG is announcing webOS 2.0 at CES which is geared to be better and faster, addressing these complaints. However,  I'm not sure if current webOS TVs will get the upgrade. It would be great if they did because LG sold over 5 million TVs with webOS to date.

• Like 1

This is in Dutch, it mean that the LG 49UB850V become the new update for the webOs 2.0 in 2015

When the update come we dont no but it is coming. :)

Geachte heer H,Zuidema,

Bedankt voor uw email.

Op dit model de 49UB850V zal er inderdaad een nieuwe update uitkomen van de webos besturingssysteem.

Helaas hebben wij niet de exacte datum wanneer de webos 2.0 zal uitkomen.
Zodra het beschikbaar is zal u een melding op uw tv ontvangen dat er een nieuwe update beschikbaar is. :) 

Met vriendelijke groet,

van Daal I.
Customer Service Representative
LG Electronics Benelux

• Like 1

Yes, if you plan on using the smart features of the TV, I would consider returning it.  WebOS for me, is sometimes unusable until I reboot the TV.  It lags so bad that it can take 10 seconds to respond to a command.  LG is NOT updating any WebOS TV's purchased in 2014 to version 2.0.

They have really screwed their customers with this.  Let's hope we all learn from this and not purchase any LG devices in the future.  My next purchase will NOT be LG.

• Like 1

as mentioned in other post, i spoke to LG NZ today (actually it was LG Australia), who said there is no decision as yet on OS2.0, whether it will be applied to 2014 models retrospectively or not.  The guy didn't exactly sound certain however, and given the rev up i'd just given him about misrepresentation of the product given geographic limitations, maybe he wasn't game to also tell me that yep, a TV that is less than a year old won't get a firmware/software update to improve functionality.  Logically I guess that want us to buy a new TV ever year (yeh right).... but I said to him that this would be the last LG i'd buy if OS2.0 was not applied to 2014 models.  So, time will tell I suppose.  Lets cross our fingers that LG does that right thing on this point.

What model Samsung, I saw the new 2015 models at CES have something similar to WebOS, but not the 2014 models - were you able to get a new model already?