I recently bought a LG Smart TV with WebOS (42LB6500) and would like to connect to my external hard disk connected over network. Here is how my home network and devices are setup.
- I have a high speed broadband that comes to my WiFi router (D-Link DSL 2750U) with USB support for External HDD.
- I have connected my Seagate Ex.HDD to this router and I am able to access the drive over WiFi on my smartphone and computer using the network path \\192.168.1.1\...
- Once connected I am able to use it similar to any mount location, i.e., read/write files, play media, etc.,
- I want to do similarly with my TV, I would like to use this connected Ex. HDD as any other location and would like to achieve following two things at the least without any additional hardware
- Play media files on this HDD (very very important)
- Use the HDD as recording device for timeshift/live pause feature (important)
Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.