Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

No sound from apps like spotify on my onkyo receiver (LG 55ub850v)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kellylel

kellylel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:53 AM

We can't get the sound from Spotify or other apps on our receiver/ loadspeakers. Do we missing something?
We connected a cable from HDMI 2 to the receiver.

Maybe some settings we missed?

I hope you understand the English....

Someone can help us?

Kelly

#2 Raul_Sparrow

Raul_Sparrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 09, 2014 - 12:25 AM

I think You need a LG Sound device compatible with SIMPLINK :/

#3 VirusAlert

VirusAlert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 08:39 AM

Hi, also I have a Onkyo and a LG TV: you have to plug a optical cable between Onkyo and your TV and set Onkyo, for example, TV/CD to use OPT IN.

Now you can receive audio from tv to Onkyo via optical cable and it will works great. Sorry for my bad english

#4 vikassi17

vikassi17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted February 09, 2015 - 09:21 AM

You can also use HDMI ARC.  Sound from the TV's apps, like Netflix and Spotify will play through your receiver's speakers.  Your receiver must support ARC.  You turn this on in the TV's settings.  Enable SIMPLINK and then change the TV's audio settings to use ARC.

Warning though, I have the 65UB9500 with WebOS.  Enabling ARC slows Webos down after its been enabled for awhile.  It makes the TV's WebOS unusable.  I would do the Optical cable, if possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users