Quantcast

Turn off subtitles on LB6500?

Hi,

I recently purchased a LG LB6500 TV.

When I play some video files from my external hard drive It will automatically play subtitles. There doesn't seem to be any option to turn this off? The weird thing it only does it for some files and not others.

I contacted LG customer care and they said I might have to purchase a standard remote from one of their 'national distributors'. I cant seem to find any store that sells a LG standard remote for my TV.

Stupid how the TV doesn't come with a standard remote really.

Anyone else have this issue?

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Low Grade
      hi, 
      i just need to listen to the audio of certain Youtube videos so is it possible to turn off the screen ?.............this is possible for Live TV though............😀
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By dzoole
      Can you add opaque box for subtitlws when we warch from smart share, external hdd etc... so practicly in thw subtitle menu choose for opaque box and transparency. Thanks in advance
    • By MURAD
      Hello , There is no setting to select subtitles for series and movies, I tried clicking on the colors on the remote, but nothing worked, I poked around in settings and found nothing. I sent several emails to the company, but no response was received. I remember that there was an option in the previous version, who has the same problem and what can be done?
    • By Michael Plant
      My Denon sound bar use to work faultlessly. All of a sudden it won't let me adjust the sound through the LG remote. Never had an issue prior. And it won't turn on automatically.
      I have power cycled, removed all cables and reconnected them, made sure I have HDMI Arc set and we'll as the Simplink on.
      It use to say Denon is now available when I turned on the tv. 
      I think there was an update to the LG tv and wondering if there was something changed there.
      Cheers