3 posts in this topic
I bought a 47 inch 650V TV a week ago and I noticed that this SmarTV has a huge potential but still lacks very basic features. So I hope that I don't regret buying this TV if a update don't gives us some really great improvements.
* First of all, WebOS it's slow. It really needs a huge performance improvement. Im not a BETA tester. If the system it's not ready, they should have hold it for a while and hire some inside beta testers.
* Youtube app doesn't play videos in HD. Compared to my AppleTV, the difference it's huge. This is a 1080p SmartTV and there's not a single option on Youtube to play everything in 1080p or at least, 720p.
* Audio Output only gives us a option to select one instead of a multiple sound output. Sometimes I use a Digital Out Surround Systems, and in my old LG TV, I could use the TV Speakers and this digital audio at the same time and only mute the TV. It's the fastest way to use both. In this new smartv, I have go to the audio settings to choose the audio output everytime. For a slow system, it's a really painful solution.
* This TV has Bluetooth built in, and there's not a single option to pair a Keyboard, Mouse or a Audio Device. It's locked to LGs proprietary Bluetooth devices. It's inaceptable since Bluetooth technology is standard and to use a Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse/A2DP sound I have to get a pack that cames with a USB Bluetooth dongle. So all my BT keyboards and mouses that doesn't have that USB dongle can't be used.
* I own a LG G2 Smartphone and I cannot simple use the LG SmartShare. It's slow and crashes all the time, so sharing my videos and photos to TV it's simple mission impossible. The same goes for Wi-fi Direct. It simply doesn't work. And the same goes for the LG TV Remote App. It's very slow when we try to use the "mouse pointer".
* It's not possible to resize .srt subtitles and tags like <i> and <b> are not recognized by the TV. So not only I can't have Italic and Bold text, but those tags are also added to the subtitles like normal text...
And I notice this with just one week of usage, so obviously there's a lot more things to improve but this features are simple to use on my AppleTV and my LG can't handle them very well. I bought this TV and paid the extra money to get a good SmarTV compared to the 5700 model, with the intention to get rid off the Apple TV... but at this moment I just can't...
I have LB650V webOS TV and it is very annoying having to reselect the (Latin 2) subtitle encoding (Code Page) every time when playing the movie. Absolutely no excuse not to save the last used choice for the subtitle Code Page so I hope it will be implemented in the future firmware updates.
And one more thing about the subtitles: the options to turn on the transparent background and/or the character outlines has to be done - to improve the readability.