Quantcast

.idx .sub not displayed on 42LB650V

Hi all!

I bought a 42LB650V LG webOS Smart+ Cinema 3D TV and my problem is if I download a movie which contains 3d subtitles with .idx, .sub and .xml formats the tv don't show subtitles only if the subtitle format is .srt.

Anyone know how can I make my tv to show the above mentioned subtitle formats or the 42LB650V only know .srt files?

Thanks for your help!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Varoshiotis
      Hi All, I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

I offered to help a friend repair his LG 42LB650V 3D TV; it powers ON, the red light at the bottom of the screen comes ON, then it flashes a few times on pressing any channel on the remote and that's it. (I think the TV then switches OFF). NOTHING is ever displayed on the Screen and my friend assures me that the screen is working (& has not been bashed or broken).

I managed to get a 'broken screen' TV (again Model 42LB650V) and replaced the Power Board - no joy (behaves as before).
      I wanted to then replace the Main Board BUT found out that the two TVs (despite having the same Model Number 42LB650V) differ!:
      My friend's TV (the one I'd like to repair) Main Board has Markings: EAX65384004 (1.5) & EBT63439306.
      The 'Broken Screen' TV has Main Board Markings: EAX65384003 (1.2), I think the other Part Number is EBT62383444.
      The Two Main Connectors on the Main Boards are different!

I continue to try and find a cheap Main Board for sale but to date have not succeeded - I have found some for £75 - 100) but hope there is a cheaper option and I continue to search!

In the meantime I wonder if there is another workaround - i.e. is there a way that I can utilise the working screen TV but replace other parts (Main Board + Others) from the Broken Screen TV? Or, are the Screens also different and so my only option is to purchase an expensive Main Board?

If so, am I constrained to searching for that exact Main Board (eg. EAX65384004 (1.5) & EBT63439306) or are there additional boards that are compatible?

I hope someone can please advise me?

Thank you.
    • By Mark Tiede
      So I got an Xbox One X which has games that display 4k.  And also the YouTube app displays 4k videos.  How do I know that I have everything set up correctly and the TV is ACTUALLY displaying 4k video mode?
      Sometimes even HD looks really good and I haven't watched 4k stuff to know if I'm really seeing it.
      It would be nice if there were an option in the TV for displaying the actual resolution in the corner or something.  I tried to set things up through my Denon AVR X2000 receiver and the Xbox complained about the TV not being able to do 4k.  I don't know if I had something set up wrong or not, so I just hooked the Xbox up to the TV in hdmi 1.  And I think the Xbox THINKS it is now capable of at least SOME 4k, but it would be nice to verify that the TV is doing what I think it is doing.
      Anybody know an app or something that would help?

oh, I DID see a "+HDR" on the screen for a moment at some point.  Don't remember what triggered it nor how to get it to display it again.
    • By frpatte
      Bonjour,

I have a Webos TV: LG 43UM 7450

Since the last software update, I can't display my photos which are on a dlna home server. films and audio files are displayed and can be played on the TV, only the pictures are not: "directories empty" says the bird?

The names of the directories, the dates of photos, the name of the camera are displayed, so the TV has an access to the exif metadta but not to the image itself!!

What can be done?

Thank you for helping.

F.P.
    • By Pratyush Ranjan Mishra
      I brought my LG 42LB650V-ZN from UK to India. This is a good TV.  But not able to change the location and hence not able to access the apps in India store. This is a great smart TV, but not able to access anything apart from Amazon Prime and YouTube.
        Once I had to replace the LED panel here in India. They also gave a worst service. I am getting some patches on screen.   Is there a way to update software?   This TV has the capability to get free channels from satellite, that also I love.       Can you please help?   Kindly help.....
    • By vinod12
      Hi LG,
      When I am sharing my mobile screen with the TV it is working fine. I am able to see videos, photos etc. But when I am sharing my screen for HotStar app to watch live match, the screen does not display the cricket, I can only hear the sound. And when try to open the HotStar via browser, it is displaying a message, hot star is not available in your location(hyderabad).
      Can you please help me out with this.