Quantcast

Java SE 8 Compact2 Profile and JavaFX

pfirmsto

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Reggie Thayil
      Recently my LG C1 has been pausing on its own and going back to the profile selection screen while using native apps. This issue occurs while using Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+, etc.  I tried using my Firestick and it kept pausing my program. I tried a hard reset and that fixed the problem for 2 days before it started again with Disney+. 
      I need a fix for this issue ASAP. 
    • By pivotCE
      Does
      link hidden, please login to view look like this on your computer? Well, if you have a high resolution display (QHD+, 4k, etc.) on your Windows PC, there’s a fix for that.
      Over at , someone having a similar issue posed the “how do I fix it” question because holy cow, that’s hard to read.
      I’d been struggling with it myself for about a year and never had much luck fixing it. This fix however, fixed not only my Java app issues (specific to webOS Quick Install and Nova Device Installer) but also fixed other apps that don’t scale well like 7zip (by making the change to the 7zip exe).
      Here’s the fix:
      Find java.exe and/or javaw.exe likely found in C:\Program Files\Java\jre(version#)\bin. Right click on it and select -> Properties Go to Compatibility tab Check Override high DPI scaling behavior. Choose System for Scaling performed by: Click OK Launch your java app and tada!
      #webOSforever
      Thanks to webOS friend, FastbootOEM for the tip!
      Related posts:

• By Mateusz Kaflowski
      Hi
      When I save my picture settings it is saved only for current input. How to save it for all inputs? I have WebOs 2.0
    • By News Reporter
      This tip is only for devices running webOS 2.x
      One of the most frequently requested features for webOS phones has to be the ability to simultaneously activate your Palm Profile on multiple devices and swap between phones as necessary. This ability was added to webOS 3.0 on the TouchPad, but does not exist for webOS phones. So, if you were ever to activate an existing Profile on a second webOS phone, it will send a wipe command to the original phone and you need to re-activate it from scratch when you want to return to that first phone. You can use some homebrew trickery to
      link hidden, please login to view of the device by removing your profile from it, but what happens if you want to go back to that phone later on? Having to perform a full activation of the device is not a good answer. Thanks to the geniuses as WebOS Internals, you can use those steps mentioned above to prevent your device from being wiped, and then extende it to activate your Profile on multiple devices without requiring the need to erase and re-setup your phones each time you need to swap. It may not be the most elegant solution, but it works, albeit with a few caveats that you should review below. In order to swap profiles between devices, you will need to have the homebrew app installed on your device and take advantage of two previous PreCentral tips: and the aforementioned .  Continue after the break for directions on how to set up your devices and swap your profile between them.

• By News Reporter
      November 2009. The original
      link hidden, please login to viewand were the only webOS devices on the market, with in the US. webOS 1.3.1 was just released and there were under 500 apps in the App Catalog. And causing people's Palm Profile backup data to be totally or partially erased when trying to restore their data. Unlike subsequent times when the Palm servers went down over the next few years when no data was lost, this failure was widespread and caused significant losses of data. So much so, that a a few weeks later. The case of Standiford v. Palm, Inc., and Sprint Spectrum, L.P et al., Case No. 5:09-cv-05719-LHK, United States District Court Northern District of California San Jose Division was settled back in November 2011, almost two years after the backup failures occurred. The settlement called for Palm (now HP, ) and Sprint to pay a total of $640,000 to be distributed as an online HP store redemption code or a Sprint bill credit. If you had a permanent or temporary data loss and had filed out the claim form before the May 29, 2012 deadline, you were entitled to either a $30 or $20 settlement, respectively, in the manner of your choosing. 
      Now, a few months shy of 3 years after the backup failures, it appears as if those settlements were finally being paid out. This blogger - who had suffered a permanent data loss - received an email yesterday from settlement administration company GCG with the subject "Redemption Code for Standiford v. Palm, Inc. and Sprint Spectrum, L.P. Settlement" that contained an HP Official (online) Store redemption code worth $30 (you can read the full email after the break below). If you filed a claim but haven't received the email, be sure to check your spam folder. You can also contact the Settlement Administrator at the number listed in the email or refer to the for additional questions.
      So, does $20 or $30 on your Sprint bill or as an HP redemption code make up for your loss of data three years earlier?  Probably not, but the lesson learned from the original backup failures to always have multiple backups of your data and not rely on just a single source was truly priceless.