Quantcast

Flash!

SerdarPinar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, all apple products, the xbox one, the xbox 360, the LG smart tv etc none of these have flash support, nor SIlverlight, which a lot of movie providers use.

We just have to wait for the content providers to write apps that can work in these environments without the need for flash. For the LG Webos case, hopefully they will release native apps in the near future...

/H

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Flash has two major problems:

1. As MrNorth noted above, most devices do not support Flash and there are very good reasons for that.
  2. All anyone really cares about is video playback.

We need a video-only version of Flash (which is unlikely to happen) or HTML5 to take over.

It would really be best if Flash disappeared entirely.

• 4 weeks later...

Lg WebOS hasn't got Flash because i have talked with LG and they say that ADOBE doesn't want to provide them Flash, then i asked why Netcast has flash, they sayed that in that moment ADOBE provided them and as you can see netcast has flash 10 and can't be updated, and the actual version is Flash 15, they sayed that if i talk personaly to adobe, they could help me, so if we all send a mail to adobe, may be they can  provide flash on behalf of clients, so friends, one email can change the way of your TV, so please help me and also send emails to adobe. Hope it helped, 1 like also helps me.

• Like 1

There are no apple products that have flash either...I don't think its as important as it used to be, its more important for websites and streaming services to adapt and change to HTML5. However, it really isn't up to LG but more up to Adobe to allow the licensing. webOS when it was Palm didn't have flash support either for a while. I'm sure it's more involved than LG just including support, there has to be something behind the scenes with licensing and such. All the bigger sites have adapted by changing to newer technology.

• 1 month later...

Bitterly disappointed!!!!!!!!!

HTML5 may be the future but LG should have forked out for the licencing fee during this transition period or got one of their WebOS monkeys to develop an app to solve to problem.

Or put a big sticker on the side of the box that says "DOES EVERYTHING EXCEPT STREAM WEB CONTENT "

Guess I got three options

Wait for a WebOS developer to create a work around.

Dust off my old PC and stick it behind the DUMB TV

Or take the bloody thing back

Any suggestions on other reputable brand smart tv's would be appreciated :)

• 3 months later...

I bought a "first generation" LG Smart TV four years ago and got on to them about this, and now I've bought a 4K model (OK they are nice TVs) and it's really disappointing that nothing's been done. The set surely can't be described as a web browser without this - there are so many sites which use Flash. I love the BBC i-Player but the supplied app does not include the radio, and going to the BBC internet site the radio won't play because that needs the Flash player. I've got a mini-PC backed on to the TV and that does the job but it surely shouldn't be necessary. Whatever the future may be, right now needs the Flash player - wake up LG!

Oh, and...

"Press Release 10/03/2011 LG ELECTRONICS SMART TV BRINGS NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO FLASH DEVELOPERS

Featured at Adobe MAX, LG Smart TV Platform Offers User-Friendly Dashboard, LG Magic Motion Remote Control for Easy Consumer Access to Online Content, LG App Store Billing System for Sellers/Developers to Monetize Creations

Featured at Adobe MAX, LG Smart TV Platform Offers User-Friendly Dashboard, LG Magic Motion Remote Control for Easy Consumer Access to Online Content, LG App Store Billing System for Sellers/Developers to Monetize Creations

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 3, 2011 – Catering to the creativity of application developers, LG Electronics’ flexible Smart TV platform is taking Adobe MAX by storm. 

At the developers’ conference, LG is engaging Adobe’s developer community as part of a broad effort to welcome them into the LG Smart TV ecosystem and inspire them to create and deliver Adobe® Flash® based applications powered by Adobe AIR® for the LG Smart TV platform in TVs, Blu-ray DiscTM players, home theater systems and set-top devices.

The global leader in connected devices has collaborated with Adobe to enable support for AIR 3 and Flash Player 11 on LG Smart TV platforms for 2012.  This will be enabled through LG’s Smart TV SDK 2.0, which is expected to be available by December."

What happened???

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

All apple products have no flash support. The future is HTML5.

When does future come? ANd what shall we do before the future come?

There are web browsers  in apple / android that have flash suppor, and companies (CBC, TSN ....) have their own apps so that people can watch the videos. LG smart TV has no apps and no flash support web browser. Now, I have no way to  watch CBC (web site)'s Olympics streaming in my SMART TV. 

1c50bc6556a59935d4e3771203f5c6dbb7d118ee

• 1 month later...

I would imagine the issue is trying to get Google or Adobe to provide flash support at a fair price and LG is too cheap to get in to a contract. Had a similar issue a few years ago with a really nice alternative to ROKU which linked any tv to the internet. The problem was their flash was version 10 which was outdated and was still working on a contract for authorization for 11 which made the device useless. I took it back. I'm thinking LG tried to get around it with the Smart Share app between a laptop or smart phone and the tv. But I agree. At this point, there's no excuse for not having flash capability in a web tv. I paid for NFL gamepass and would like to be able to access it through my webOS tv. After all, isn't that why we bought a web f***king television? I think it's time for somebody to get off their profit margin and provide the product they're selling.

• Like 1

I would imagine the issue is trying to get Google or Adobe to provide flash support at a fair price and LG is too cheap to get in to a contract. Had a similar issue a few years ago with a really nice alternative to ROKU which linked any tv to the internet. The problem was their flash was version 10 which was outdated and was still working on a contract for authorization for 11 which made the device useless. I took it back. I'm thinking LG tried to get around it with the Smart Share app between a laptop or smart phone and the tv. But I agree. At this point, there's no excuse for not having flash capability in a web tv. I paid for NFL gamepass and would like to be able to access it through my webOS tv. After all, isn't that why we bought a web f***king television? I think it's time for somebody to get off their profit margin and provide the product they're selling.

LG should have the chromecast build-in, but LG went to Miracast  :angry:

• 1 month later...

There is NO excuse for not supporting FLASH guys @ LG!! Seriously, WHY do I need a fast and Smart TV, if I cannot watch multimedia contents on 90% of the sites?

You need a reality check!

The situation is absolutely appalling, and I feel that my brand new 2016 model 6500 is just a waste of money!

Very, very disappointed...

• 8 months later...

OK Alex thanks for the heads up but is the built in Web Browser HTML 5 compliant then if not flash....  I  agree with the poster above How the Hell LG can justify such a sh#t product in regards to th eWeb Browser and its compliance to web formats.... shame shame shame

and dont get me started about the appalling App store