Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

[Feature Request and Ideas] Add Folders to SmartShare!...

SmartShare LG DLNA Brightness Startup PLEX Web OS Innovative Lifes Good

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 intelgen

intelgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hi LG, your Web OS is really well built, but there are a few essential features lacking.

Such as:

- Folder filtering in the SmartShare App (We all need this ASAP, the navigation is a nightmare!).

- Audio stream selection within video files in the SmartShare App.

- A PLEX App the collaborates nicely with the PLEX Client.

- Faster start up times. From when you power on the TV to being able to quickly access the home menu and change the Volume, channel, etc.

If you have to just offer an option to put the TV into a low power state/sleep (for as long as the user wishes) so you can resume quick menu navigation almost straight away.

(and unlike Sony don't make it so after a few hours of the TV being asleep it fully powers down. (THIS IS NOT USEFULL, and is the reason I took my Sony TV back to JB HI-FI

And bought yours).

You could call this feature "PowerAct", or "instant on" it would make 'Life Good' and easier :)

- Auto backlight brightness? I have the Australian LB 6500 and I can't seem to find a Auto-Backlight/dimming feature anywhere, and seeing as I use it in my room, when the lights are off 

I want it to dim so I don't go blind. I don't know if you've implemented a Ambient light sensor or not, but for $1,800 I would think you should have.

- If you would Like anymore Feedback/Suggestions, Feature requests or ideas from me then just PM me or write on this thread :)

Thank you LG, and thank you for being one of the very few 'Innovative' companies around today.

#2 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 05:55 AM

Great list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#3 majorusa

majorusa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 01:46 PM

The folder structure in Smart Share works. 

Do the following:

1. Click ALL on the left side of the screen.

2. On right hand side, in the upper part, now you see three icons."View Type", "Device Selection" and  "Device connector". 

3. Click on the first one from the left. This is the "View Type" icon. You will see List view and Folder view as options. 

4. Chose "Folder view"

5. Now you have the folder view. All the sources are shown in the main window. If you click on a source you will see the folder structure. On the right hand side you have only two icons now.  

Here is a picture showing the step 5. http://screencast.com/t/CTENsDz8 With 1 is shown the first step where you have to click "All". . 

Enjoy!

#4 einaris

einaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 01:09 AM

Audio stream selection from DLNA sources would be a good feature...

#5 Aurelijus

Aurelijus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 03:07 AM

Do the following:

2. On right hand side, in the upper part, now you see three icons."View Type", "Device Selection" and  "Device connector". 

3. Click on the first one from the left. This is the "View Type" icon. You will see List view and Folder view as options. 

4. Chose "Folder view"

5. Now you have the folder view. All the sources are shown in the main window. If you click on a source you will see the folder structure. On the right hand side you have only two icons now.  

Here is a picture showing the step 5. http://screencast.com/t/CTENsDz8 With 1 is shown the first step where you have to click "All". . 

Enjoy!

How about the possibility to choose "Folder view" as default view? Because now it is veri inconvenient - everytime the Smartshare is opened, you are navigated to thousand of photos displayed in list view..

#6 Yuriy

Yuriy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 01:38 AM

Yes! Please make  "Folder view" as default view. Not photos.

#7 sensehack

sensehack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 05:41 AM

In smart share "Device view " should be default view,
Fed up of slow things are with just watching media from my TV .
Step.1 turn on TV ,wait for 15 secs to get the launcher ready.
Step 2 get to the smart share & select all devices.
Step 3 go to settings via home key & choose aspect ratio to full screen
Step 4 enjoy my media .

Earlier it was 5 steps with choose view type but latest firmware has fixed it.

#8 Yuriy

Yuriy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 05:43 AM

I have firmware wersion 4.32.20 and Device view is not default.

I still have fotos when I run DLA.

#9 intelgen

intelgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 08:04 AM

Yeah I know lol :(.
Web OS is quite laggy on my system! (Lb6500) 55" 3D.
And it hasn't really gotten much better yet??
Whether it's to do with weak hardware and processors (pretty sure that's it) or software optimisation issue (probably not),

Why the hell did you not put a sufficient PROCESSOR in my $1800 AU dollar TV LG!!!!
Answer me please! Where are all the moderators on this forum, or people who work for LG?

#10 sensehack

sensehack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 04:28 AM

Processor is just dual core , hope there is some on chip card soc for playing ultra HD content of bitrate above 125mbps .
Yesterday we tried to play the 4k video of lg demo via USB HDD , it outputted message as only video will be displayed , "no audio will be played " I was like what it doesn't even support audio with the video.
& the video also had low frame rate my guess would be 15 fps with some msecs shuttering
To its defense the HDD was connected to USB 2.0 port ,will try usb3.0 port & report if possible.
New update is available for country region Australia.

#11 TXcrude

TXcrude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 03, 2015 - 12:44 AM

Do the following:

4. Chose "Folder view"

Enjoy!

this just shows the devices as folders but not the media in folders. I see that you have a Zyxel NSA 325. I have a NSA 211 and I have a Video folder and then Movies and Series and within  Series I have a folder for each series and then each season. When I browse on SmartShare I see all of my videos in one long list including all the children's shows and movies which I do not want to see when I am looking for a specific grown-up movie or episode.

#12 Argo Roots

Argo Roots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 06:46 AM

Do the following:

4. Chose "Folder view"

Enjoy!

In what version is this possible? I have 04.51.44 and only "Device connector" button (2. point)

Thanks!

#13 duicie76

duicie76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 05:14 AM

And what do you do, if you dont have the icon? This smart share is basically ...c r a p..., I have files on my NAS, i can see them via the other devices, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.... yet, the tv, wont show many files from within this stupid "smartshare" ... quite frustrating... should have just paid a bit more for the SAMSUNG so I didnt have to deal with this lucky dip purchase...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SmartShare, LG, DLNA, Brightness, Startup, PLEX, Web OS, Innovative, Lifes Good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users