Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

URGENT PLEX APP

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 04:29 PM

This is really good news! The Simon client finally made it to the App Store! Thank you Simon for your effort, and thank you LG for letting this finally happen! Now the webos universe is a giant step closer to perfection!

#22 strandloper

strandloper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 05:51 PM

There's no sign of it in the South African store. Wonder when we'll get access to it?

#23 G.A.

G.A.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 04:03 AM

There's a PLEX app in the LG Store. 3,95€ it works perfectly. Great app.

Does is work on WebOS?

#24 sharpmeadow

sharpmeadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 12, 2014 - 12:10 PM

Bought a 60" lg TV with webOS. I only really miss Plex. but it's everything for me. no TV should ever be without plex.

#25 gherman22

gherman22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 06:58 PM

There is a PLAYz Media app that is a PLEX client in the LG store for my TV, (The LG- 55UB8500 55" 4K TV) I would figure it is not specific to my TV but the overall store.  I didn't try it yet, has anyone been playing with it? 

#26 ccorreia

ccorreia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:05 PM

Pleaaaaaasasse

#27 chuy

chuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 10:54 AM

Very Important Missing feature

#28 Andreas-Philip Kirkby

Andreas-Philip Kirkby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 04, 2014 - 09:29 AM

Plex +1  we need it.  and not a workaround

#29 Gabriel Duran

Gabriel Duran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 10:59 AM

plex already exists as an app called PLAYz for webOS, but its paid for 4.99$
should be a free app, no doubts... agree with all you

anyone here has the PLAYz? does it play the subtitles?

#30 Flyke

Flyke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 12:13 PM

Yes, I paid for the PLAYz app and use it almost daily. For me it is money well spend.

Subtitles work without problems. If subtitles are available you can turn them on or off, or select which subtitle you want if there is more than one.

I found that changing or selecting subtitle does not work very well from the screen right before you play something. It works best, and without any problems, while playing something by opening the subtitle menu while your movie is playing, so not by going back, but while playing press OK, go to the right and select the speech balloon icon on bottom right of your screen.

#31 ciponne

ciponne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 02:14 PM

Hi all! I can't find the app on store. How can I purchase it? Thx!

#32 Gabriel Duran

Gabriel Duran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 02:25 PM

acess the "top best paid apps" must be there... (lg store -> best paid apps)
buy using a cred card...
i emaild them for instructions on how to buy a "gift card".. pre paid credits.. no return so far

#33 ciponne

ciponne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 02:27 PM

Thx! What country did you setup on menu? Maybe there are differences between countrys.

#34 Flyke

Flyke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 01:47 AM

You are correct, I needed to change my country too.

I changed mine into UK.

#35 ciponne

ciponne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 02:33 AM

Well, I can't setup the broadcast country on Brazil, my TV set is designed for EU. But I set it up for UK and found the Plex app. But, since I'm not a Plex pass subscriber, it doesn't help me.

#36 johnedlt

johnedlt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 04:00 AM

Ive been using the Playz App (third part plex app) for months.  Simon the developer has managed to include all the functions but unfortunately it is really slow. the device connector built-in in WebOS is faster.  By slow i mean the playz app struggles with files with a 3GB size and larger hence video shutters/ stops (buffers). the same videos play well with device connect. color rendition is off too but can be corrected by assigning a color profile to compensate. there are other issues too but until plex decides to create a NATIVE app Playz is the only game in town other than the device connect feature of the your webos tv.

#37 sith'ari

sith'ari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 04:09 AM

Ive been using the Playz App (third part plex app) for months. Simon the developer has managed to include all the functions but unfortunately it is really slow. the device connector built-in in WebOS is faster. By slow i mean the playz app struggles with files with a 3GB size and larger hence video shutters/ stops (buffers). the same videos play well with device connect. color rendition is off too but can be corrected by assigning a color profile to compensate. there are other issues too but until plex decides to create a NATIVE app Playz is the only game in town other than the device connect feature of the your webos tv.

Just an fyi the video issues has nothing to do with PLAYz ... It is an issue with the web api and video player ... The dlna player doesn't use the web api ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38 ciponne

ciponne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 04:11 AM

On which countrys is Playz available?

#39 sith'ari

sith'ari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 04:13 AM

On which countrys is Playz available?

Where ever lg makes paid apps available ... Don't have the list with me at present ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 LXTR

LXTR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 02:32 PM

There's an official Plex app in the LG Store. I have just installed it and it's working fine. It's a great app:

https://forums.plex....tv-has-arrived/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users