Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

WebOS desired apps

soundcloud spotify imdb webos webbrowser flash desired apps

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Mohammad Hussain

Mohammad Hussain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 04:46 PM

Can anybody body tell me how I will be able to connect my mobile device sonyM2dual to lg webos tv lb series 6500/6700,, whereas, I downloaded lg tv app (webos) but It doesn't work how's matter,, I intended to use second display functioning in my mobile device unfortunately, it couldn't be. Weather someone has the answer about this issue,,, they are requested to aid me in this matter

#42 Sam Hobbs

Sam Hobbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted February 10, 2016 - 01:00 PM

- A smartphone app that plays the sound of the tv. So I can plug in my earphones in my smartphone and I can listen and watch what I want without disturbing anyone else in the house

That is hard to find anywhere, either from a TV or a PC and using any operating system. I cannot find such a thing for Android or if I have then there are serious timing issues.

Bluetooth can probably be used, there are Bluetooth transmitters you can connect to an audio source. There are also Bluetooth receivers you can get for using regular headphones as Bluetooth headphones. I have not tried to look for a smartphone application that receives audio over Bluetooth, that might be possible.

For WiFi I have read that there are timing issues. I guess WiFi does not guarantee that the data be sent instantly. So using our smartphone to connect our audio from our TV to our headphones would be more complicated than most people would think. It is probably possible but not easy and as far as I know the problem has not been solved.

#43 Rene

Rene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 07:43 AM

Hi

Desired apps for WebOS2/3:

New apps: (user friendly)

• Program to setup channel order / names and then send it to the TV. (Tablet version)
  • News RSS tracker onscreen on/ff mode
  • IPCamera watching
  • Home Automatisation
  • Air screen client for Selfsat IP tv or Elgato SAT>IP for Android

Warning Apps: (for natural disasters a Marketing advantage for LG) PUSH service and Wake on Emergency!

• Blitzortung Lightning Monitor - Lightning trace  - Warning apps
  • Earthquake / tsunami trace monitoring - Warning apps
  • Flood / Storm warning

Modified apps:

• Plex that works without an internet connection.

Privacy software:

• Adblocker
  • Privacy protection
  • Network scanner and security

Is there anybody from LG on this forum?

Yours T.

Rene

#44 Mikelon

Mikelon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hi, please add DS Video for Synology NAS on LG Store. There are many LG smart TV users who wants to play the media content from the NAS and the experience without this application it's very unsatisfying.

+1

#45 duongvuquy

duongvuquy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 04:25 AM

+1

Hi, please add DS Video for Synology NAS on LG Store. There are many LG smart TV users who wants to play the media content from the NAS and the experience without this application it's very unsatisfying.

#46 skypickle

skypickle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 08:20 PM

HBO GO!

#47 s_mcleod

s_mcleod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 12:53 PM

Howdy,

From Aussie here, Bought myself an LG 60UH770T and love it.

Is running Web OS 3.10.31 at present, I'm really keen to find out if I can install 3rd party apps such as a replacement web browser for the very limited one that came installed with the TV etc....

#48 HanoYs

HanoYs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 05:12 AM

Howdy,

Is running Web OS 3.10.31 at present, I'm really keen to find out if I can install 3rd party apps such as a replacement web browser for the very limited one that came installed with the TV etc....

Howdy, 

sorry for that but welcome to the club of frustration on LG Smart TV world .. hate to say so to a new proud owner of what he thought would be a great appliance for his home with great potentials of "Smart" OS TV .. but we all been there 

and @Rene .. No, there is no one of LG Support here .. this is Owners Community .. not an official LG Forum .. probably someone of the users is actually a member of LG Support .. but nothing official 

#49 HanoYs

HanoYs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 05:20 AM

Howdy,

Also a word of advise .. 

if you have an external HDD .. any size, data, structure .. and planning to attach it to the TV, Please be VERY PATIENT for it to work, and never try to de-attach it while the TV is on

The Great TV is very slow in reading it, especially if it is large, and the folder structure is deep, and contains allot of data 

#50 deadringer28

deadringer28

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 06:41 PM

Howdy, 

sorry for that but welcome to the club of frustration on LG Smart TV world .. hate to say so to a new proud owner of what he thought would be a great appliance for his home with great potentials of "Smart" OS TV .. but we all been there 

and @Rene .. No, there is no one of LG Support here .. this is Owners Community .. not an official LG Forum .. probably someone of the users is actually a member of LG Support .. but nothing official

I bought this TV for it's picture. You can add smarts to it for as little as $30 through Chromecast and you can go all the way up into the hundreds through Android and Aple TV. LG does not have a lot of apps but the interface is clean, voice search is good, integration with DIRECTV is good, and even if the Smarts completely stopped working on it the TV would still be top notch. At least mine is. 

All of these platforms have their shortcomings. I own just about all of them. There is no one solution a combination of about three will get most people right where they need to be.

#51 Pak Lo

Pak Lo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted August 17, 2016 - 10:00 PM

Google Cast Receiver, will solve 50% of the LG dumb webOS TV problems

#52 biker007fr

biker007fr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 09:17 PM

HBO and Showtime not available on my brand new 4K TV... Really disappointed   :(

Would be really great to have the basics  :D 

WebOS v04.30.40 TV UH610A

#53 Lanala

Lanala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12, 2016 - 02:03 AM

is that possibly to use hangouts on LG ?

#54 Gnurkel

Gnurkel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 06:50 AM

+1 to the Synology DS.

I would also like to see HBO Nordic / HBO app.

Note that my Samsung TV has all these already, its embarrasing that my 40" bedroom TV has what my brand new main living room 65" OLED TV does not...

#55 Scott1904

Scott1904

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 09:27 AM

I would like to see and app for dropbox or another cloud, not the LG Cloud.

By the way, my favorite app is the unofficial client for PLex, called "XPlay".

#56 projectvomit

projectvomit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 15, 2017 - 09:48 AM

Would love to see Directv Now. However, a WOL app would greatly improve my setup!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users