Quantcast

lars

Question

Since two weeks or so, finally the WebOS store became available in the Netherlands. Unfortunately for me some very desired apps are still missing. 

These apps are:

- Soundcloud

- Spotify

- IMDB

Does anybody know if they are to be released in the Netherlands soon? Are they already available in other countries? In the web browser both Spotify and Soundcloud cannot be used because flash is not supported. Will there be flash support in the future?

Before WebOS I used a Western Digital Live TV media player, WebOS is such a relieve in comparison to the WD media player.

If these apps become available soon, WebOS is for sure the best smart-tv OS.

After using the system for a couple of weeks, the tv desperately needs a Plex application. Using SmartShare to communicate with the plex server is a bad experience. Everything appears messy and tv series do not appear.

hello there .. 

have anyone managed to play with the subtitle

i've tried and used their guide to properly setup the settings for the playing a movie with the subtitle from Plex .. but no use 

can anyone provide a sum-up of all the settings required .. in order to ensure that i am not missing any

Hello Flyke & HanoYs:

In LG Store (at least in Spain) there is a Plex Client called PlayZ Media and it works fantastic. It's a creation of an Australian Guy. The first days (July 2014) it was called "Plex" but Plex told the creator not to use their name, so today it's called PlayZ Media...

Here's the forum at plex

link hidden, please login to view

And the Web page

If the app is not in your country LG Store, I think in the Web there is a way to install it...

• Like 1

Hi, I could not find the app in the LG store on the TV at first. I'm from Belgium. I first had to go to TV settings, set countries to manual, then select UK as country and then restart te tv before the PlayZ Media app appeared in the store. I'm happy that I did, the plex (PlayZ) app is great!

• Like 1

Plex +1

Plex is still not available, but hey... although there isn't a Plex app released for WebOS on the LG, LG officially uses Plex server to "talk to" the SmartShare app on your TV. When you go to download their "SmartShare" software for your computer, you will notice it is actually Plex Server. They don't even try to hide the Plex name. LOL. Chances are, it is coming! :-)

It is a waste of potential LG does not provide basic apps that would make use of them more than stand watching videos, music and photos.

For me, missing programs such as:

- simple file manager

- messenger with video call ( skype or lg proprietary app, why not ? )
- email client ( may be, only to read messages )

- one social network app
- rss or news reader ( read through the browser is horrible )

- an blessed ssh server to access the system !!!

• Like 1

Can anybody body tell me how I will be able to connect my mobile device sonyM2dual to lg webos tv lb series 6500/6700,, whereas, I downloaded lg tv app (webos) but It doesn't work how's matter,, I intended to use second display functioning in my mobile device unfortunately, it couldn't be. Weather someone has the answer about this issue,,, they are requested to aid me in this matter

- A smartphone app that plays the sound of the tv. So I can plug in my earphones in my smartphone and I can listen and watch what I want without disturbing anyone else in the house

That is hard to find anywhere, either from a TV or a PC and using any operating system. I cannot find such a thing for Android or if I have then there are serious timing issues.

Bluetooth can probably be used, there are Bluetooth transmitters you can connect to an audio source. There are also Bluetooth receivers you can get for using regular headphones as Bluetooth headphones. I have not tried to look for a smartphone application that receives audio over Bluetooth, that might be possible.

For WiFi I have read that there are timing issues. I guess WiFi does not guarantee that the data be sent instantly. So using our smartphone to connect our audio from our TV to our headphones would be more complicated than most people would think. It is probably possible but not easy and as far as I know the problem has not been solved.

Hi

Desired apps for WebOS2/3:

New apps: (user friendly)

• Program to setup channel order / names and then send it to the TV. (Tablet version)
  • News RSS tracker onscreen on/ff mode
  • IPCamera watching
  • Home Automatisation
  • Air screen client for Selfsat IP tv or Elgato SAT>IP for Android

Warning Apps: (for natural disasters a Marketing advantage for LG) PUSH service and Wake on Emergency!

• Blitzortung Lightning Monitor - Lightning trace  - Warning apps
  • Earthquake / tsunami trace monitoring - Warning apps
  • Flood / Storm warning

Modified apps:

• Plex that works without an internet connection.

Privacy software:

• Adblocker
  • Privacy protection
  • Network scanner and security

Is there anybody from LG on this forum?

Yours T.

Rene

• Like 1

Howdy,

From Aussie here, Bought myself an LG 60UH770T and love it.

Is running Web OS 3.10.31 at present, I'm really keen to find out if I can install 3rd party apps such as a replacement web browser for the very limited one that came installed with the TV etc....

Howdy,

Is running Web OS 3.10.31 at present, I'm really keen to find out if I can install 3rd party apps such as a replacement web browser for the very limited one that came installed with the TV etc....

Howdy, 

sorry for that but welcome to the club of frustration on LG Smart TV world .. hate to say so to a new proud owner of what he thought would be a great appliance for his home with great potentials of "Smart" OS TV .. but we all been there 

and @Rene .. No, there is no one of LG Support here .. this is Owners Community .. not an official LG Forum .. probably someone of the users is actually a member of LG Support .. but nothing official 

Howdy,

Also a word of advise .. 

if you have an external HDD .. any size, data, structure .. and planning to attach it to the TV, Please be VERY PATIENT for it to work, and never try to de-attach it while the TV is on

The Great TV is very slow in reading it, especially if it is large, and the folder structure is deep, and contains allot of data 

Howdy, 

sorry for that but welcome to the club of frustration on LG Smart TV world .. hate to say so to a new proud owner of what he thought would be a great appliance for his home with great potentials of "Smart" OS TV .. but we all been there 

and @Rene .. No, there is no one of LG Support here .. this is Owners Community .. not an official LG Forum .. probably someone of the users is actually a member of LG Support .. but nothing official

I bought this TV for it's picture. You can add smarts to it for as little as $30 through Chromecast and you can go all the way up into the hundreds through Android and Aple TV. LG does not have a lot of apps but the interface is clean, voice search is good, integration with DIRECTV is good, and even if the Smarts completely stopped working on it the TV would still be top notch. At least mine is. 

All of these platforms have their shortcomings. I own just about all of them. There is no one solution a combination of about three will get most people right where they need to be.

Hi
Can you help me?! I am from Azerbaijan.I have LG Tv 43LF631V.And in my Tv don't work Lg content store.I didn't enter any apps.I try to reset my tv from the settings menu.But don't change any.I know to enter service menu (EZ adjust) whit a smartphone.But I don't know codes( area, country, tools)in the service menu.If you know codes, send me, please

On 26/05/2014 at 11:13 AM, lars said:

Since two weeks or so, finally the WebOS store became available in the Netherlands. Unfortunately for me some very desired apps are still missing. 

These apps are:

- Soundcloud

- Spotify

- IMDB

Does anybody know if they are to be released in the Netherlands soon? Are they already available in other countries? In the web browser both Spotify and Soundcloud cannot be used because flash is not supported. Will there be flash support in the future?

Before WebOS I used a Western Digital Live TV media player, WebOS is such a relieve in comparison to the WD media player.

If these apps become available soon, WebOS is for sure the best smart-tv OS.

Yes its a big draw back "flash not supported" its all the same all over with LG TV  the only way is to have a PC connected to the TV .I would like to see a dedicated PC the size off a DVD Player to go with the LG TVs just for general use which would allow flash players,drag and drop,cut and paste,upload and download,Art programs,media, The TV is still evolving and we can only hope LG and other manufacturers listen to the consumer in the development of 4K and 8K TVs and DVD players, all we can do is shout loud enough that we get heard.

While it is quite a disappointment that the LG WebOS does not have some of the most popular apps like HBO, Spotify, etc.  there are fairly cheap solutions to address the issue.  Most major streamers like Chromecast Ultra, Roku, Amazon Fire, and Nvidia Shield support these apps and much more.  I personally have an Nvidia Shield that doubles as a Plex server.  The Shield is very close to the equivalent of a PC in a tiny box, with USB ports that support external storage (I have a 5 TB Seagate Portable HD plugged into it with lots of content) and even USB TV Receivers for live antenna TV and DVR with Plex.  So the solutions are there, just not built into the TV.  The LG OLED is one of the best pictures you can get today so I can forgive the lack of apps.  This may not be the case in a couple of years when newer Quantum Dot LCDs (do not compare this to the current Samsung QLED flawed quantum dot) or other OLED's from other manufacturers with better Operating systems appear (like the current Sony OLEDs with Android TV).   For now, you can spend less that $100 US and get a 4K streamer that will satisfy the stuff that is missing from LG WebOS.