Quantcast

Alex

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi, this is my experience with the netflix app so far:

- Netflix unwantedly placed the app as first app in my smart apps list.

- I have no smartremote or mouse connected to the tv at the moment so this means I have to press the right arrow a few more times (there are other apps in there that I do not want) to get to those apps I do want to use

- In an effort te remove the netflix app I clicked the netflix icon, expecting options to remove it or to see the app.

- Instead of opening the app, I saw a LG screen saying the app needs to be updated. Strange, I never even installed it, so my thought on this is: If you are going to install an app on my tv without permission, then just do it right and make sure it works from the first time

- I got curious of all that throwing netflix in my face that i clicked update. I updated the app and openend it.

- There was a big screen telling me I have 1 free month of Netflix. After all that hassle to install it, I thought what the heck and decided to go for that free month to try out netflix

- I filled in my name, email etc (not so fun if you have just a tv remote!) so I could start to see what Netflix is all about

- On the last page, where I expected something like 'Launch Netflix now' instead it asked for my credit card number

-> This is where my experience ends, I never give my creditcard for anything that is supposed to be free.

So I would say: for me this was a horrible experience. But that is just me, you should write an honest review yourself if you have a netflix account and actually used this app. Maybe this is a great app, I just didn't got there.

The Netflix app did finally appear here in New Zealand, and Australia I believe a few days after Netflix officially began operating in the region.

Generally I have found the app to be pretty good, the ability to have multiple users/accounts is a bonus, and it does seem that if something is watched on one device it copies that across to the WebOS app as 'viewed content' etc.  It can be a little laggy, but I suspect that is more to do with the ISP than the app.  

Generally I would say it's a job well enough done, it works, it delivers content, and it synchronises between devices as you would want it to do.