Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

WebOS vs Old SmartTV's Menu

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 archs

archs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 04:19 PM

So i'm also expierencing trouble with subs on 42LB650V-ZN with latest updates available in Latvia. It doesn't change a thing when external .srt's are encoded in utf8 or not. Tried to change encoding on TV  to any of offered, but it only changes the kind of gibberish symbol displayed. but the strangest thing is that only some symbols of latvian aren't shown correctly but it makes me mad :D

#42 williamsats

williamsats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 01:37 AM

Hi, 

I did another trick and it worked for at least to .mp4 files with .srt.

I first change it to "Simplified Chinese" as they suggest in a previews post but nothing happend, no subs at all. Then i change it to Greek again and subs played without problems during the whole film. 

Of course, even with this trick the WebOS doesn't recognise italic or bold fonts, that means that if an .srt file has italic fonts it will be displayed as <i>bla bla bla</i> and of course it goes the same with the colours for example "<font color=#FF0000>w</font>" will appear on TV instead of changing the font's colour.

Today I will send the link of this thread to LG Hellas and let 'em read it all and maybe then they will understand that this is a very common bug that they have to fix immediately!!!

#43 archs

archs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:10 AM

williamsats, I agree. It has to fixed

#44 archs

archs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 09:34 AM

any news about this bug?

#45 williamsats

williamsats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 02:23 PM

Nop, 

Unfortunately the problem still remains and there's no any update too. 

I was very busy the last days and i couldn't come in touch with LG Hellas, also their e-mail for some reason doesn't work.

#46 beredim

beredim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 10:31 AM

Just checked and there is a new firmware available (03.23.17)
(Fingers crossed I don't brick my tv the first day of the World Cup)

#47 sirival

sirival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 10:38 AM

Downloading now... Does anybody know if LG has release notes for each firmware version they're releasing?

#48 sirival

sirival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 10:54 AM

Just checked and there is a new firmware available (03.23.17)
(Fingers crossed I don't brick my tv the first day of the World Cup)

This update does not fix the subtitle issue.

#49 beredim

beredim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 10:55 AM

Update completed fine for my 42LB650V

New firmware is 03.23.17 (from 03.23.08)
and webOs version has been updated to 1.2.0-2717 (from 1.2.0-2708).

I haven't been able to find out any release notes either. Looking at the version numbers I suspect this version probably contains only a few bug fixes.

#50 andreluigo

andreluigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Here in Brazil it didn't update! :(

#51 archs

archs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 02:57 PM

guys, where did you download this update?

#52 flaviu

flaviu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 05:25 PM

guys, where did you download this update?

I'm in Romania and  the update is available via 'Check for updates' option in settings.

Where can I find a chagelog?

#53 williamsats

williamsats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted June 20, 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hi, 

I download the new firmware but the news are bad. 

Things wtih subs are still the same.

So they haven't fix the problem, instead they create a new one. 

With the previous update i had access to apps & games. OK the list wasn't as big as the in the pre-webos menu, but it had few things to check and see. 

Now, when i try to go to apps & games a message comes up that says something like "The page has nothing show" (or something similar, i don't remember it exactly).

BUT, when you click on "search" and you type for example "facebook" the app shows up straight away. I also typed "weather" and few apps  showed in the list that they weren't at the "Premium" menu. 

Please tell me if you experience the same problems as I do. 

#54 steve86

steve86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 20, 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hi guys,

I'm using 42LB650V-ZN with Twonky Media Server running on WD MBL.

Problem is that external subtitles are not shown at all from DLNA/Smart Share, and the sub menu is just grayed out.

Internal ones are recognized but not showed correctly. I'm talking about English subs, where apostrophe sign ' is replaced with something like %apos.

Do you some thought on this matter? Especially for the external ones.

#55 williamsats

williamsats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted June 21, 2014 - 03:30 AM

Steve86, this is pretty much the same issue i have but in my case it's not that bad. 

Do you have the same problem when you try to play video files with subs from USB Stick? 

#56 steve86

steve86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 21, 2014 - 08:16 AM

1)  "&apos;" is shown instead of apostrophe on both USB and DLNA. I tried all changing the code page but it's all the same. This is for English subs, and for other languages special signs are also show with some strange characters.

2) external subs work on USB but on DLNA don't work at all. I read somewhere that external subs didn't work on LG 2013 series, but that they do work on 2014, but now I can't find that source.

I have WD TV Live and used it with previous non-smart samsung and that worked like a charm. I bought lg tv with webos to make things simpler and get rid of many devices and remotes. I hope they will fix this with some update, otherwise I will have to get back to old setup.

@williamsat, what do you mean not that bad? does any of this that i mentioned work for you?

Btw, TV is running on latest software 03.23.17 - 1.2.0-2717.

#57 vkomitov

vkomitov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 08:55 AM

I could fix the problem with incorrect displaying subtitles. Changed the encoding in * srt file from UTF-8 to ANSI.

Then use this guide. In point 7 i have chosen the code page which are made ​​subtitles. For me it's cyrillic code page 1251.

Good Luck!

PS TV is 42LB670V

#58 Mile

Mile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 04:15 PM

Sorry to say but webos is quite shity OS - i had good opinion about it while watching presentation but once i have it (55LB671V) i am so disappointed,The many is not fast at all as on presentation, many things do not function all in all bad!

#59 katsikaki

katsikaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 04:56 AM

I could fix the problem with incorrect displaying subtitles. Changed the encoding in * srt file from UTF-8 to ANSI.

Then use this guide. In point 7 i have chosen the code page which are made ​​subtitles. For me it's cyrillic code page 1251.

Good Luck!

PS TV is 42LB670V

i cannot get it to work on my 42LB650V.... i still cannot watch a mkv movie with gr subs displayed correctly... :(

Sorry to say but webos is quite shity OS - i had good opinion about it while watching presentation but once i have it (55LB671V) i am so disappointed,The many is not fast at all as on presentation, many things do not function all in all bad!

sadly, i tend to agree with you... i cannot even get the market to work!!! it says it is not available in my country yet. and do not get me started about the greek subtitles encoding!!! i am SO disappointed... :(

#60 vkomitov

vkomitov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 07:56 AM

i cannot get it to work on my 42LB650V.... i still cannot watch a mkv movie with gr subs displayed correctly... :(

7441660L.png

7441663e.png

7441696b.jpg

7441698c.jpg

A problem potentially arises, if in *.mkv files have been embedded others subtitles in another language.

You need to remove them.

7441678l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users