Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

Cars, Trucks, tablets, house phones, mobile phones, computers, printers, smart houses, etc, etc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kingtxag

kingtxag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 09:57 AM

where to take webOS is endless...... Find away into new home construction.  

Make new homes smart homes.  With a 7" screen in every room to control: security, lights, a/c, garage door, blinds, pool, start your dryer, start your car, and on and on.

All phones: house phones, business phones, cell phones

tablets, printers, computers, all size monitors, all size TVs.

I want webOS on the tv to allow me to access the house and control locks, security system, garage door, intercom system, etc,etc.

cars and trucks........ I want a 7" screen in a ford truck powered by webOS.

I want my Ford Truck with webOS to allow me to turn on my A/C at my house 5 or 10 minutes before I get home.  

I want to be able to access my security system at my home.. Security cameras

I want to be able to monitor or check the health of my vehicle with the use of webOS touchscreen.

I want to check an email in my truck and tell it to print the email at my home or business for when I get there.

this is just my first thoughts...... I hope this is not to much to begin with.......LOL

take care,

King

#2 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 12:08 AM

All great ideas!!!

#3 averageJoe

averageJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 01:07 PM

For several years, (see whatever forum it was), roughly 2010 to 2011, I advocated either:

1. webOS got its ability to open "large" PDFs back (it had it on day one, but weirdly lost it with an update that came out about December 2009 or a little later, if I remember)... and work on eventually getting file editing capability e.g. Office files or Google docs 

OR

2. serve as the control for a combo tractor that had all-in-one lawnmower-toilet seat functionality - I believe several others suggested a third functionality of toaster integrated into the dual role tractor setup - it wasn't entirely clear what was to be toasted tho.

Needless to say, option 2 was the approach taken by Palm and then HP. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Seriously, no reason for webOS losing PDF capability was ever divulged publically... and months and months... and months, and years... went by.

And then, it was CLAIMED it could open PDFs again.... BUT any reasonable sized file kept crashing. Hmmm. Is the OS hypothetically capable of this type of functionality e.g. opening a 50MB PDF and dare I say it, allowing the file to be quickly reviewed and annotated? Because that might have some type of applicability on a big screen.

Because the joy of webOS was the unique ability to rapidly / fluidly change between apps, using the card interface. So changing between different versions of e.g. books / documents, should have been its forte. No mobile OS does this the way I'd like to see... altho Android is getting closer all the time.

In short, the theoretical limitations of webOS were never that clear to the general populace... if the OS isn't capable of upscaling to the type of files / multitasking I am describing, then I don't have a suggestion that utilizes its uniquely attractive characteristic, and maybe you all ought to put it where it belongs.

-averageJoe

#4 joshua764

joshua764

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 02:23 PM

I want a webos above this Android and iPhone

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S usando Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users