Quantcast

PreCentral: Answer a phone call

Incoming call

All webOS smartphones are, at their core, a phone. So it's only fitting that you know how to answer a phone call when one is received or you will be unable to utilize one of the most basic functions of the device. And because answering a phone call is such an important feature, you are actually given quite a few different ways to perform this action. As long as you can hopefully remember at least one of these options, you should never have to miss answering a call. And keep in mind that certain models of webOS phones--such as those with a slide-out keyboard--give you even more options, so make sure you know exactly what your specific type of hardware is capable of when reviewing the different options below

1. If you have a
    link hidden, please login to view
    set in the Screen & Lock app and you have currently passed the "Lock After" timeframe and you can an incoming call, the caller ID will display at the top of the screen with the caller's name and number, and you will have an Answer iconicon on the bottom of the screen. Just as when your phone is normally locked and you turn on the screen, just drag that icon up above the "Drag up to answer" line to answer the call or do nothing to ignore it.
  2. If you are currently using your phone or the password "Lock after" time has not been reached, then you should be presented with a notification on the bottom of the screen with the caller ID info and then two buttons: a green button to answer and a red button to ignore the call. Just tap the green button to answer. Note that if you , just can still tap on the notification the dashboard to answer the call
  3. For those phones with a , which would include any of the phones in the Pre-series or the Veer, you can also slide open the keyboard to answer the call. No fumbling with on-screen buttons necessary
  4. Finally, if the phone is Touchstone-enabled and is currently charging on a Touchstone when a call is received, you simply need to pick up the phone from the charging dock to answer the call.

And don't forget that you always by pressing the power button once or twice, respectively, if you do not want to actually answer the call. Also, if you have your and set up to receive phone calls, you will get a similar option at #2 above where you just have to press the green answer button in the phone call notification to answer it.

mf.gif

a2t.imgSbxQKuWHnOM

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Low Grade
      i thought of using my handphone to act as a remote control for the TV.............but it will only work with WiFi ??!!

i had BlueTooth still turned on..............TV is using LAN connection only.........and the phone can no longer control the TV (the phone can control the TV with WiFi on)............is this normal ?? 

many thanks in advance............
    • By Asrar ul haq
      Hey,

I recently brought a LG C1 OLED tv along with a LG SP9YA soundbar. I have been having issues to screenscast from my Samsung s21 plus phone on the TV when connected to sounbar. There is a clear lag and eventually screencast gets disconnected saying signal for smart view screencast is bad (reconnecting could help, but it never does). Updated all the apps on TV and phone but it didn't resolve the issue.

I dont understand what to do
    • By Youssef Abdallah
      I’m trying to cast from an app on my phone to LG QLED but the app on my phone is telling me that (recording is prohibited,video stopped because TV output is ON or device is recording . Please disconnect TV Output or stop recording and try again) I really have no clue about this issue and what to do ! 
    • By News Reporter
      Delivering Efficient, Responsive Cloud-based Customer Service
      Solution With the Help of Amazon Connect and Genesys Cloud

SEOUL, July 8, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announced the opening of its new Cloud Call Center in the United States, elevating the company’s rapid digital transformation while further improving the quality and efficiency of its customer service. Following North America, LG plans to open Cloud Call Centers in a dozen additional countries including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Italy and Vietnam this year and in its home market of South Korea in early 2022.
      Implementation of the cloud-based system will create a better customer experience and more positive outcome. The system allows LG’s customer service representatives to work collaboratively and effectively from different locations, eliminating the need to be in the same physical space, reducing the likelihood of a quarantine situation. And with new speech to text (STT) capability that quickly and accurately converts voice calls into written text, customer service representatives can easily and quickly research and respond to reoccurring issues and repeat questions.
      If there is a backlog due to a high call volume, the Cloud Call Center suggests an alternative faster option, such as “talking” to a chatbot on LG’s customer service site or another social media platform. An accurate estimate of the wait time will be available in the near future. The system is powered by either Amazon Connect or Genesys Cloud.
      “LG’s new Cloud Call Center actively upgrades and refines our service delivery and helps us to ensure the best possible customer outcomes,” said Yoo Kyu-moon, executive director of the Customer Service Management Center at LG Electronics. “With more helpful options to choose from, LG customers can receive the support they need in the way they prefer to receive it.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Stepping Away from Phone Manufacturing and Sales Enables Company
      to Focus on Growth Sectors Including EVs, IoT and B2B Solutions

SEOUL, April 5, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) announced that it is closing its mobile business unit. The decision was approved by its board of directors earlier today.
      LG’s strategic decision to exit the incredibly competitive mobile phone sector will enable the company to focus resources in growth areas such as electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, artificial intelligence and business-to-business solutions, as well as platforms and services.
      LG will provide service support and software updates for customers of existing mobile products for a period of time which will vary by region. LG will work collaboratively with suppliers and business partners throughout the closure of the mobile phone business. Details related to employment will be determined at the local level.
      Moving forward, LG will continue to leverage its mobile expertise and develop mobility-related technologies such as 6G to help further strengthen competitiveness in other business areas. Core technologies developed during the two decades of LG’s mobile business operations will also be retained and applied to existing and future products.
      The wind down of the mobile phone business is expected to be completed by July 31 although inventory of some existing models may still be available after that.
      # # #