Quantcast

PreCentral: Prevent autodial with No Call patches

This tip is only for webOS phones running webOS 2.1 and higher

No Auto call PatchesWhenever you tap a phone number within webOS, be it from a

link hidden, please login to view
, a missed call or the , the phone app will automatically load up and dial that number for you. While this may be a convenient feature to quickly dial that number, it can also lead to some accidental (and potentially awkward) situations for when you didn't intent to call that person.  Luckily, homebrew developer Herrie has created a trio of patches that will interrupt this process and instead of actually dialing the number, it will just prefill the number into the dialer.  You will still need to press the big dial button in the Phone app to initiate the call, and you can even edit the number before calling if you need to. 

Just install any or all of the "No AutoDial from Contacts", "No Missed Call Callback" or "No Autodial from Call Log" patches from Preware or webOS Quick Install and you should be good to go. Just remember that any time you try to dial a number, even if it's from a search or by using , you will still need to press that call button. That extra step takes some getting used to, as you will find yourself immediately putting the phone up to your ear after tapping a phone number and realize that your ear or cheek has continued to dial additional numbers.

mf.gif

a2t.imgFN7-2w7153o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Zsolt Terék
      I'm developing a hosted app which is can be controlled from the phone. However after some time the TV's screen saved turnes on because there was no interaction from the remote control. Is there a way that my  HTML/JS app can signal activity to prevent this?
    • By Zipperhead
      Can an app be coded/programmed to prevent the LG screensaver from turning on?   There are multiple apps that have built in screensavers but while viewing those screensavers the LG screensaver will activate and override the apps screensaver.  I’m not sure if this forum will allow me to upload a video example but I will attempt to do so. 
      IMG_6330.MOV    
    • By Zsolt Terék
      I'm developing a hosted app which is can be controlled from the phone. However after some time the TV's screen saved turnes on because there was no interaction from the remote control. Is there a way that my  HTML/JS app can signal activity to prevent this?
    • By JM01
      I have 43UJ701V smart tv, purchased late 2017. Recently noticed very light coloured vertical band 100mm wide or so on left of screen with a couple of coloured patches near left corners. Most noticeable when displaying a white test screen.  Anyone with similar experience ?
    • By News Reporter
      Delivering Efficient, Responsive Cloud-based Customer Service
      Solution With the Help of Amazon Connect and Genesys Cloud

SEOUL, July 8, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announced the opening of its new Cloud Call Center in the United States, elevating the company’s rapid digital transformation while further improving the quality and efficiency of its customer service. Following North America, LG plans to open Cloud Call Centers in a dozen additional countries including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Italy and Vietnam this year and in its home market of South Korea in early 2022.
      Implementation of the cloud-based system will create a better customer experience and more positive outcome. The system allows LG’s customer service representatives to work collaboratively and effectively from different locations, eliminating the need to be in the same physical space, reducing the likelihood of a quarantine situation. And with new speech to text (STT) capability that quickly and accurately converts voice calls into written text, customer service representatives can easily and quickly research and respond to reoccurring issues and repeat questions.
      If there is a backlog due to a high call volume, the Cloud Call Center suggests an alternative faster option, such as “talking” to a chatbot on LG’s customer service site or another social media platform. An accurate estimate of the wait time will be available in the near future. The system is powered by either Amazon Connect or Genesys Cloud.
      “LG’s new Cloud Call Center actively upgrades and refines our service delivery and helps us to ensure the best possible customer outcomes,” said Yoo Kyu-moon, executive director of the Customer Service Management Center at LG Electronics. “With more helpful options to choose from, LG customers can receive the support they need in the way they prefer to receive it.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view