Quantcast

PreCentral: Debug 11: Don Melton and WebKit

Debug 11: Don Melton and Safari

Don Melton, former Engineering Director of Internet Technologies at Apple, talks to Guy and Rene about assembler on the Apple II, open-sourcing Mozilla, building Nautilus, creating WebKit and the Safari browser, teaching bears to dance, and cleaning cusses from code bases.

type="audio/mpeg">

• link hidden, please login to view

Show notes

Guests

• of

Hosts

• of
  • of

Feedback

Yell at us via the Twitter accounts above (or the same names on ADN). Loudly.

mf.gif

a2t.imgldfKuYQbzwo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By KARUPPASAMY KANNAN
      Hello Team,
      Debug mode is not opening only, please help me, how to resolve this problem.
      While I debug the application, I'm getting the error and I have mentioned the same in below.

21/04/21 10:09:50 am : [Launch] Application Debugging - http://localhost:40251/devtools/devtools.html?experiments=true&ws=localhost:40251/devtools/page/24C9FDB6-F555-BF50-69F2-AB28FCF5071D
      21/04/21 10:09:50 am: [Launch] ares-launch ERR! uncaughtException TypeError: Bad argument
      21/04/21 10:09:51 am : [Launch] Caught exception: TypeError: Bad argument
    • By ballot
      Hi
      how can i download this app
      link hidden, please login to view
      and extract it ,i want to debug it?

• By News Reporter
      Way back in February of 2012 - that's over a year ago - HP released to open source the new Isis browser built on the latest WebKit standards.
      link hidden, please login to view. This Isis browser in built in to , and anybody would find the user interface instantly familiar. Because it's the same. While there's an ongoing effort to bring parts of Open webOS, , to older webOS devices like the TouchPad, it's still possible to get things like the updated browser interface. Yes, we just said it's the same, but it's also different. That's why webOS homebrewer Juno Avalon has been working on porting the Isis browser interface to the TouchPad. He's gotten far enough that he felt comfortable packaging it up as an app and distributing it via the - and so was born.
      While Isis Web shares a common user interface with the existing TouchPad browser and doesn't include the new WebKit, it does at least bring some new goodies to the game without compromising anything that we've known and loved about the old browser. When you tap-and-hold on a link or hit the share button in the address bar, there's a new share dialog that allows you to select from Email, Messaging, Sparrow (Twitter), and Facebook (the TouchPad app).
      Isis Web also supports searching the text on a page, an option triggered from the app menu. You can download and save links with a tap-and-hold and when the browser is minimized into card view it stops scrolling.
      In the notes for the app release, Avalon notes that this release is only for the TouchPad. While it technically is a complete Enyo app and loads correctly on the Pre 2 and Pre3, it is neither optimized nor functional once it is loaded. Avalon says he's working on a separate release for webOS smartphones.
      So go ahead and fire up Preware on your TouchPad or hook and and run webOS Quick Install so you can give Isis Web a try. As an added bonus, Isis Web doesn't replace the default web browser, but it still shares the history and bookmarks database. So there's not a big commitment leap to be made if you want to - switch back and forth between it and Web at your leisure.