Quantcast

PreCentral: Append TapNote documents with Just Type Quick Actions

This tip is only for devices running webOS 2.0 and higher

Tap Note AppendIf you create or edit documents with your webOS devices, you have a few third party applications available to you over and above the stock Memos app. One of these options is

link hidden, please login to view
by One Crayon that will give you a single app solution that will work on any device running webOS 1.4.5 or higher (including the TouchPad) and will even providing that you have a Dropbox account. It also takes advantage of (requires webOS 2.0 or higher) that allows you to create a new document directly from Just Type. While document sync and Quick Action support are not unique to text editor apps, TapNote appears to be one of the only document editing apps that will allow you to append text to an existing document from Just Type.

So, if you already have a document created and synced on your device, you can simply add to that document by typing in your text entry in the Just Type bar and then selecting the Tap Note "Quick Note..." Quick Action, providing that you had previously . A pop-up screen will appear that will allow you create a new document with that text or "Append to" an existing one. On phones, you need to tap the "Append To Document..." button to be given a list of available documents, while the TouchPad will already display the list of available documents. Once you choose the document, it will open up with the next text added to the bottom.

As mentioned above, in order for this to work the document needs to have already been created or synced to the device prior to adding to it. If you created or edited it on another device, you will need to open up the full TapNotes app and perform a sync to download it to the device before you can append text to it.

is available in the webOS App Catalog for $5 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 1.4.5 or higher. You can also try for free to try out the app, but will have some limited functionality.

mf.gif

a2t.imgjtLQ7Ev1IgI

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.