Quantcast

PreCentral: Enable permanent "Just Type" quick-access status bar icon (LunaCE)

News Reporter

This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher

Just Type LunaCE searchWhile accessing

link hidden, please login to view
to perform a search on your TouchPad is never more than a swipe and a tap away (by to minimize the current app and then tapping on the "Just type..." search bar), --the homebrew update for the TouchPad by based off the Open Source "" (not to be confused with )--makes it even easier.  LunaCE gives you the ability to add a persistent icon to the status bar on the top of the TouchPad's screen that will give you quick-access to the screen from almost anywhere in webOS. If you can see the Just Type iconicon on the top-right of the screen, you can access Just Type and won't even need to leave your current app first.

Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at testing.preware.org. In addition, you will need to have Tweaks installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature. Once you have both of them installed, you just need to go to the "Luna" section of Tweaks and toggle "Enable Search Icon" to YES in the "STATUS BAR" section to activate this feature.

mf.gif

a2t.imguVC79Xth5oM

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By qix70
      Hi, could you help me please?
      Whats the code to enable DVR in my ToolOPT6 menu?
      My code now is 541641992
      my country is Italy area option code: 3122

Thanks  

• By Clifford Walker
      Upto a few weeks back had no issues but am unable to watch bbc weather page videos?
    • By skan
      Hello.

Some tutorials explain how to do it. 
      We first need to root the TV with scripts such as RootMyTV, and then install dts_restore. 
      Both tools are free and available at github.  
      I'm not writing the links because I don't know if it's allowed in this forum and because I take no responsibility. 

My question is:
      Has anybody tried this process? Does it work? 
      The documentation says if you have any problem you can just factory reset the TV, but I don't dare to do it. 
    • By News Reporter
      Delivering the First Commercial Implementation of HCA Specification 1.0,
      Company Expands Smart Home Ecosystem Through Partnerships With Other Brands

SEOUL, Aug. 29, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to present the first commercial implementation of the Home Connectivity Alliance’s HCA Specification 1.0, enabling cross-brand appliance connectivity through the LG ThinQ smart home platform. By the end of this year, consumers will be able to control appliances from diverse brands, such as Samsung and Vestel, with the intuitive-to-use ThinQ app, providing seamless interconnectivity and a smarter, more convenient home.
      With a firm commitment to customer experience innovation, LG has joined with other brands to bring the elegant simplicity of cross-brand compatibility to major markets worldwide, including South Korea, the United States and Europe. The partnership will initially cover major appliance product categories, such as washing machines, dryers and dishwashers, and will gradually be expanded to other types of appliances in the future.
      The widespread adoption of HCA Specification 1.0 to development makes it possible to monitor and control various brands’ home appliances and air solutions using a single application. With the ThinQ app, users just have to register their compatible products, and then they’re ready to enjoy the ease and time-saving freedom of one-stop device management. Those with an LG washing machine and a Samsung dishwasher in the home, for example, will no longer have to switch between each manufacturer’s app to set their preferred wash cycle and cleaning settings.
      The arrival of true cross-brand interconnectivity is the realization of the HCA’s vision for a seamlessly unified smart home experience. Founded in January 2022 and comprising a number of smart home solutions manufacturers, the HCA aims to provide cloud-based interoperability between the smart home platforms of its member companies. As a board member of the alliance, LG has been working closely with other appliance makers, including Samsung and Vestel, to drive the adoption of HCA Specification 1.0, with the ultimate goal of enhancing user convenience.
      Committed to expanding the smart home ecosystem, LG has also actively supported the work of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), a global organization dedicated to developing open communication protocols for smart home devices. LG contributed to the development and standardization of the Matter protocol, an Internet Protocol-based home IoT communications standard led by the CSA.
      “LG ThinQ enables a seamlessly interconnected home appliance ecosystem that will provide new smart home experiences to customers around the globe,” said Jung Ki-hyun, executive vice president and head of platform business center. “LG will continue to expand compatibility between ThinQ and other HCA members’ smart home platforms.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By William W.
      After a few years, I am seeing a small white intermittent icon on the top right out of the field of the movie being watched that looks strangely like a space shuttle circling the globe, complete with a trace of its path.  Can anyone clue me in, please?  I have a picture of it.