Quantcast

PreCentral: 10 great fitness accessories in 10 minutes

News Reporter

February is

link hidden, please login to view
here at Mobile Nations, and thanks to our Android, BlackBerry, iOS, webOS, and Windows phones and tablets, we have a host of new options for getting in shape and staying healthy.

Regardless of your platform of choice, or whether you stick to one type of device or many, there are a ton of great options to choose from now. Georgia is spearheading Fitness Month for us this year, and she's going to show you just 10 of her favorites, and she's going to do it in just 2 minutes.

Most of these will work for a variety of different phone and tablet sizes, running a variety of different operating systems and versions. I couldn't find alternatives for all of them, however, so if you know of some, tell us about them!

mf.gif

a2t.imgei01AGhSYkk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jibun no Kage
      Asking this hear, since I could not seem to find a better place... Wake on LAN only works for a few minutes after TV is turned off?  If I turn of LG TV (WebOS 8.x) and then send a Wake on LAN (WoL) packet, it works.  If turn off the LG TV, then I wait about 15 minutes or so, then send the same WoL sequence, using the same code, script, etc., it fails, the LG TV never turns on.  THe LG TV is configured both for wired ethernet (preferred) and WiFi.  Any idea why this behavior?  It almost seems like the LG TV goes into standby, via phone app, remote, even CEC, etc., then drops from the network?  Mobile is enabled on the TV, hence the phone app works.  Why would the LG TV stop responding to WoL packets?
    • By Michael Ausec
      I purchased a LG OLED TV in December 2017.  It is great, except for one annoyance. Every 15 minutes, a  HDMI2 popup appears in the center of the screen. It disappears after a few seconds.  This repeats ad infinitum.  My TV connections are  very simple.  One coax cable input to the Cable Box.   HDMI output from the Cable Box  to the TV's HDMI1 input.   The coax output from the Cable Box is connected to a Magnavox DVR.  The DVR is connected to the TV's  HDMI2 input .   The DVR is "off" when we watch normal TV on the HDMI1.   I've searched the internet for a solution, without success.  Any ideas?

• By News Reporter
      Named ‘Fitness Candy,’ New Company to Deliver Platform Providing Content,
      Services and Products for a Fitter, Healthier Life at Home

SEOUL, June 30, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) and SM Entertainment (SM), a leading entertainment group in South Korea, have launched Fitness Candy, a joint venture that will bring F.U.N – an acronym for First, Unique and New – user experiences to the fast-growing home fitness segment. LG and SM hold a 51 and 49 percent stake, respectively, in the company.
      At the official launch ceremony of Fitness Candy, held today in Seoul, Korea, both partners shared their vision for delivering new and differentiated home fitness experiences. Combining their expertise in innovative consumer technology and cutting-edge entertainment, LG and SM aim to create a comprehensive lifestyle platform – complete with content, services and related products – to help people address their health and fitness needs at home.
      LG will develop, operate and manage service platforms for Fitness Candy. As a global leader in user-friendly software and hardware solutions integrating advanced AI and data analysis capabilities, it will also be designing a new generation of home fitness devices prioritizing convenience, ease-of-use and F.U.N customer experiences. SM, which boasts a wide global fandom based on its diverse roster of talents, will contribute world-class content to encourage and challenge users of all fitness levels.
      Planning and producing home fitness-related content and devices, Fitness Candy will operate via a subscription service-based app. Set to be released in September, the app will be available for installation in various operating systems and devices such as smartphones and smart TVs, providing interactive, personalized services that collect data from smart bands, cameras and exercise devices.
      Fitness Candy provides content in six categories: strength training, core strengthening, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), dance, stretching and meditation. Content in each category will run for 10 to 40 minutes and will be updated weekly.
      In close collaboration with SM, Fitness Candy is focused on creating content, not only limited to home fitness, that users can easily watch and enjoy. Encompassed by its slogan “Beyond Fitness, Sweet Life,” the company plans to secure a wealth of content such as sports, variety shows and documentaries, as well as content that helps with healthy diets, rehabilitation and stress relief.
      The Fitness Candy platform will enable users to access a wide range of interactive fitness content featuring popular Korean celebrities, such as Fitness Candy ambassador and model
      link hidden, please login to view, dancer , and actress . Various South Korean athletes, including triathlete , Taekwondo Olympic medalist , short track speed skater and former rugby player , actively participated in the content creation process, enabling the company to provide even more professional and entertaining content to users. The company aims to introduce a variety of new devices that can be linked to its app, allowing users to enjoy content more effectively. One of them is a device that can recognize and track users’ movements thanks to the inclusion of LG’s AI camera and IoT platform. Connecting wirelessly to the user’s TV, the device allows for two-way communication, creating the ideal setup for virtual one-on-one coaching sessions and for participating in live-streamed exercise classes.
      Fully utilizing LG’s innovative technologies such as AI, big data, motors and displays, the company also plans to develop products such as muscle strengthening devices, indoor bicycles and smart bands.
      “We will transform LG’s business paradigm from function-oriented home appliances into a customer experience-oriented company, transforming into a company that provides smart life solutions to deliver the best customer experience,” said William Cho, CEO of LG Electronics. “Through Fitness Candy, LG’s innovative technology and SM’s content creating capabilities will converge to create differentiated smart life solutions that provide never-before-seen customer experiences.”
      “The coming together of LG’s innovative technology and SM’s music, dance and various content that have paved the way for the future of K-pop is a great opportunity for the two companies to contribute to the global fitness and healthcare industry,” said Lee Sung-su, co-CEO of SM Entertainment. “Fitness Candy is a digital fitness content project that goes beyond simple diet experiences and, rather, empowers users to rediscover healthy fitness habits.”
      # # #

• By Packrat
      Hi,
      The SmartShare (on win10) using the Video Player work great!!! Thanks to the LG+WebOS team.
      Seems the Video player app doesn't support the full srt "standard".
      If there is better place to post or file bugreports please let me know.
      I was watching a mkv with a srt and that works great but it seems that some of the SRT codes are not implemented.
      Could support be added, or alternately just drop the codes so they don't show up on screen? ( Open curly "a" and a number and close curly bracket)
        {\a3} Details are below.
      Thanks
      Frank
      -------snip snip----------------
      WebOS: 05.10.25 (or tv fw?)
      TV: 65UM7300AUE NA model (please keep making real 4K IPS screens)
      SmartShare V2.3.1712.1201
      Reference for SRT codes:

link hidden, please login to view   {\a3} (indicates that the text should start appearing on line 3)
    • By Adrians
      Many sound bars don't have any sort of audio out so it would be very useful if the TV could provide an audio out so it can be connected to a Hearing aid adapter.  At the moment the optical, analogue outputs are disabled when HDMI ARC is being used.
      I have a partner who is hard of hearing and needs to use the direct TV connection to understand the program dialogue clearly.  For me i can just use the normal sound bar output.
      So when HDMI ARC output is being used also have option of optical/audio out and bluetooth. 
      I have seen quite a few requests for this type of feature in the various forums or problems connecting hearing aid adapters with sound bars on LG webos TV.