Quantcast

PreCentral: Adjust card view zoom level (LunaCE)

News Reporter

This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher

Adjust card view zoom level (LunaCE)Although the size of the screen on the TouchPad is much larger than that of any webOS phone, the size of the apps that are visible in the

link hidden, please login to view
and that are shown in  are no different. This is not exactly an efficient use of screen real estate that should allow you to see more of the apps that are available to you. With the released of the Open Source "" for the HP TouchPad (not to be confused with ), the group at was able to give you more control over how the cards and stacks appear on the screen as part (pronounced "lunacy"), available in . Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at testing.preware.org. In addition, you will need to have installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature.

Just as you can adjust the amount to view more of the apps within a stack, LunaCE also gives you the ability to adjust the zoom level of the cards and stacks on the screen.  Once you go into the "Luna" section of Tweaks and toggle "Card Zoom Gestures" to YES in the "GESTURES" section, you can then perform a two-fingered in or out gesture when in Card View to adjust that zoom level. You can keep the zoom to a level where you only see a sliver of the adjacent stacks to the current one, or zoom out to be able to view up to 5 stacks at once in landscape.

The one thing to note is that if you also have the "Stack spread gestures" toggle also set to YES, any time you pinch-in or -out to zoom on a stack with more than one card will prioritize the stack spread gesture and not the zoom amount. You will need to swipe over to a stack with only a single card first and then perform the zoom gesture.

mf.gif

a2t.imgS6TlddTTeKI

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Fricassee
      Hi,
      I have an LG 43UH750V ZA TV which I have connected to a BT YouView box which in turn is connected to a broadband router. I normally do most of my viewing of TV through the Free View service provided via the BT You View box. On the LG TV there is a facility for web browsing. However, this does not appear to work through the internet connection via the BT You View box and the router.
      Does anyone know if this is a valid configuration that should work or does the TV need its own direct internet connection to a router? Thanks.
    • By Maria D
      How to change view from 16:9 in movies to fit full screen 

LG QLED B22 
    • By Low Grade
      i just started using a new LG 43UR7550 (cheapest model from them).......1st time using a LG as well as a Smart TV too.......and so far having a hard time adjusting the picture and sound (never had such problems with previous TVs)😒

1) sound is worse than i thought since the speakers are down-firing (my previous TV had front-firing speakers)...........it has the AI Sound Tuning - so after it had tuned the sound - do i set the Sound Mode to ''AI'' or should i use ''Custom Settings'' to use the equalizer ??😬

2) the TV has many different settings like Noise Reduction, TruMotion, etc.......so how to calibrate for best picture since i read that people say it's best to turn them all off ?😬

3) i can turn off the screen when watching free-to-air broadcast channels.........but can i turn off the screen if i'm using Youtube app on the TV..........?..........what if i use a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV - can i turn off the screen ?🤒

many thanks in advance😃
    • By Kemal Sözüner
      I recently bought a LG TV with WebOS version 8.1 and have a frustrating issue.
      I have a usb disk with all my family photos & videos archive in it. 
      We love to browse through the pictures and videos on big screen.
      But current LG TV media player displays either pictures or videos. I want to see them in the order they were captured.
      It would be great to enable this feature when "Photos & Videos" filter is selected.

• By Kemal Sözüner
      I recently bought a LG TV with WebOS version 8.1 and have a frustrating issue.
      I have a usb disk with all my family photos & videos archive in it. 
      We love to browse through the pictures and videos on big screen.
      But current LG TV media player displays either pictures or videos. I want to see them in the order they were captured.
      Is there a way or another app to view photos & videos at the same time? (slideshow)