Quantcast

PreCentral: Adjust Gesture Detection Method (LunaCE)

News Reporter

This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher

Tweaks - LunaCE Gesture DetectionWhen HP released their Open Source "

link hidden, please login to view
" for the HP TouchPad (not to be confused with ), the group at was able to package up those changes along with a bunch of enhancements and released it as (pronounced lunacy") in Preware. LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at testing.preware.org. In addition, you will need to have installed on your TouchPad to toggle any of the new enhancements.

One enhancement that is available in LunaCE is the ability to adjust the Gesture Detection method when swiping in from the bottom of the screen (as long as you have ) to minimize your app. You have three options that you can choose from by opening up Tweaks and navigating to the Luna section

• Swipe - You need to perform a fast swipe up from the bottom of the device and the gesture will be detected when you pull your finger up from the screen. If you perform a slow swipe up, nothing will happen.  This is the closest option to the stock webOS 3.0.5 experience
  • Slide - No matter how quickly or slowly you swipe up, you just need to swipe up 15 pixels from the bezel of the device. You do not need to even lift your finger from the screen, just swipe past that 15 pixel line and the gesture will activate
  • Fluid - This option provides the most natural option where the device actually tracks your finger and will show the transitional state of the app from active to being minimized. If you pick up your finger before the app is fully minimized, it will snap back to full screen

Regardless of your choice, LunaCE does provide one additional major improvement to the webOS experience. On a stock TouchPad, a swipe up from the bottom may minimize your app to card mode, but it will also interact with the app. So if you are reading a webpage it will scroll that page, if you have a drawing app up it may draw a line on your swipe, or if you are playing a game that swipe may cause an unanticipated action. In LunaCE, all swipes from the bezel of the device no longer affect the current app, which is a great thing!

mf.gif

a2t.img6ad8sYDLa1Y

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Low Grade
      i just started using a new LG 43UR7550 (cheapest model from them).......1st time using a LG as well as a Smart TV too.......and so far having a hard time adjusting the picture and sound (never had such problems with previous TVs)😒

1) sound is worse than i thought since the speakers are down-firing (my previous TV had front-firing speakers)...........it has the AI Sound Tuning - so after it had tuned the sound - do i set the Sound Mode to ''AI'' or should i use ''Custom Settings'' to use the equalizer ??😬

2) the TV has many different settings like Noise Reduction, TruMotion, etc.......so how to calibrate for best picture since i read that people say it's best to turn them all off ?😬

3) i can turn off the screen when watching free-to-air broadcast channels.........but can i turn off the screen if i'm using Youtube app on the TV..........?..........what if i use a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV - can i turn off the screen ?🤒

many thanks in advance😃
    • By Siva Shankar reddy
      We are using WebOs library v1.2.4 and  we are using the service: com.webos.notification, and we are trying to use the "enable" method. it is returning below error.
      ERROR :
      {"returnValue": false, "errorCode": -1, "errorText": "Denied method call \"enable\" for category \"/\""}
      CODE SNIPPET:
      webOS.service.request( 'luna://com.webos.notification', {
            method: 'enable',
            onSuccess: function( inResponse ){
             //..
            },
            onFailure: function( inError ){
           //..
            }
          } )

• By News Reporter
      To Give Corporate Customers the Level of Protection they Demand, Company is
      Applying Reliable Anti-Eavesdropping System to Latest Digital Signage Solutions

SEOUL, Aug. 11, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is introducing an innovative eavesdropping detection solution for its commercial signage products. Going forward, the cutting-edge security system will be applied to the company’s flagship models, including LG LED All-in-One, LG LED Bloc and LG MAGNIT, as well as select video walls and UHD signage products supporting webOS 4.1.
      As demand for commercial signage products expands across multiple industries, so does the need for related technologies that serve the needs of companies operating in different sectors. Although counter-surveillance is important in every sector, some entities such as corporates, government agencies, national institutions and the military prioritize confidentiality and the protection of personal information. LG, in partnership with high-tech security technology provider
      link hidden, please login to view, has addressed this growing need by installing a dedicated app that runs with GITSN’s eavesdropping detection terminal in LG’s smart signage platform, webOS. The new eavesdropping detection function displays a warning icon on screen in real time as soon as it detects any abnormal signal. The system utilizes simple icons to keep attendees updated on just how secure they are at all times. Moreover, LG’s webOS-based detection function, which can cover multiple conference/control rooms at once, analyzes every inch of a potential risk fast and accurately to alert those in charge immediately.
      “LG’s newest solution detects various potential, unexpected risks and reports it immediately, while also bringing the company’s security management up to date,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG will continue to introduce the high-definition display solutions that not only express the most vivid colors and clear images to date, but also let consumers feel safe while they use them.”
      The latest signage solution will be available in the third quarter of 2022, starting with key markets in Middle East and Asia, with other markets to follow.
      # # #

• By peppeve
      Is possible to have the correct code to set in AREA CODE from the ezadjust menu for my tv? I have an imported EU 60lb730v my actual code is 3122 but i need ITALIAN AREA CODE for set on the MHP function. Thank's
    • By News Reporter
      This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher
      Although the size of the screen on the TouchPad is much larger than that of any webOS phone, the size of the apps that are visible in the
      link hidden, please login to view and that are shown in  are no different. This is not exactly an efficient use of screen real estate that should allow you to see more of the apps that are available to you. With the released of the Open Source "" for the HP TouchPad (not to be confused with ), the group at was able to give you more control over how the cards and stacks appear on the screen as part (pronounced "lunacy"), available in . Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at testing.preware.org. In addition, you will need to have installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature. Just as you can adjust the amount to view more of the apps within a stack, LunaCE also gives you the ability to adjust the zoom level of the cards and stacks on the screen.  Once you go into the "Luna" section of Tweaks and toggle "Card Zoom Gestures" to YES in the "GESTURES" section, you can then perform a two-fingered in or out gesture when in Card View to adjust that zoom level. You can keep the zoom to a level where you only see a sliver of the adjacent stacks to the current one, or zoom out to be able to view up to 5 stacks at once in landscape.
      The one thing to note is that if you also have the "Stack spread gestures" toggle also set to YES, any time you pinch-in or -out to zoom on a stack with more than one card will prioritize the stack spread gesture and not the zoom amount. You will need to swipe over to a stack with only a single card first and then perform the zoom gesture.