Music Player (Remix), by Hedami, is a significant upgrade over the stock music play for either webOS phones or the TouchPad. While the TouchPad player has some additional features, such as the ability to create playlists, Music Player (Remix) has a lot more. One such feature is the ability add shortcuts for your favorite albums right to your App Launcher. Just as you could add browser shortcuts to your favorite websites, you can add one-tap access to load up Music Player (Remix) directly to the album view of that album. Or, if app launcher shortcuts aren't your think don't forget that you can always add "Favorites" to your home screen of Music Player (Remix).
In order to add an album launcher shortcut:
- Open up Music Player (Remix)
- On the navigation bar on the right-side of the screen, tap on the "Albums" option
- Find the album you want to add as a shortcut and tap on it
- From the Album detail screen, swipe-down from the top-left of the screen to access the Application dropdown menu and select "Create Album Shortcut…"
- An shortcut will be created on your App Launcher with the name of the album. Unfortunately, the album icon will not be the album artwork, but rather the Music Player (Remix) icon.
- Note that when you use the homebrew Save/Restore app to save your App Launcher settings, these icons are able to be saved and restored.
Music Player (remix) is available in the webOS App Catalog for $3.99 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 2.0 or higher
View the full article