Quantcast

PreCentral: Disable your webOS phone's radio

News Reporter

Device Menu MegamixWhile we still have a strong webOS community, many webOS users have moved on to other platforms and no longer use their webOS phones as their daily driver. But, many of those are still keeping their foot in the webOS-door by using their old phones on Wi-Fi only* or maybe even SIM swapping when they miss the joys of webOS. Or, you may just have multiple webOS phones around and like to use some as a media player for music or podcasts or have given your phones to others in the family to use. If this is the case, one of the things that you should do when using a phone without a cellular connection is to disable those cellular radios.  We have gone over how to

link hidden, please login to view
in the past, but you can also turn off the entire radio to save additional battery life.

There are a few ways to disable your phone's cellular radio:

1. to disable all radios, and then turn on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or GPS as needed. 
  2. Install a patch to customize your of the screen to add a Phone usage toggle. One example would be the "Device Menu Megamix" patches from Jason Robitaille that adds a "Phone" section where you can disable the entire "Phone Radio" (see screenshot)
  3. Unfortunately, the second solution above will be undone whenever you . If you want a more permanent solution, check out another of Jason's patches in Preware called "Radio always off". This will force the device to always disable to phone radio whenever you reboot your device. If you have a need to turn them back on, you can use the toggle in the Device Menu that you added in the step above!

* Note that if you need to activate your webOS phone without a cellular network connection, you may need to bypass that phone's activation. These steps differ, depending on the . You can refer to our tips for and for more information.

mf.gif

a2t.imgPYERHgQQQ7Q

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.