Quantcast

PreCentral: Add launcher icon shortcuts for Quick-Keys Keyboard

News Reporter

Quick Keys Launcher Shortcuts

link hidden, please login to view
, by D Gardner, is an app that you can purchase to give you access to a virtual keyboard on any webOS device from the original Palm Pre to the HP TouchPad, along with adding the ability to . By default, initially activating the keyboard is a four-step process: open the "Quick-keys Keyboard" app, toggle the "Enable Keyboard" switch to "ON", close the app card, and then tap on the Quick-Keys Keyboard to display the virtual keyboard. However, there is a simple way to cut out half of these steps using a feature built into the app.

Once you open the app and view the "Keyboard settings" card, scroll down to the bottom where you will see an "Add Quick-Key Launcher" button. Tapping this will add a new Launcher icon called "QK Launcher". This will cut out the two middle steps above, so now all you need to do is tap the icon and then activate the keyboard in the dashboard when needed. There is also an "Add App-Mode Launcher" button that will launch the more detailed "app mode" view for the Quick Keys keyboard. 

is available in the webOS App Catalog for $1.25 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 1.4.5 or higher

mf.gif

a2t.img9AFR323pptk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.