Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo
- - - - -

PreCentral: The importance of the ecosystem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NewsDummy

NewsDummy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 05:37 PM

The importance of the ecosystem

This time a year ago, my regular electronic device use consisted of a two-year-old MacBook Pro, a Sprint FrankenPre 2, a Pre3 on AT&T, and a white TouchPad. My FrankenPre 2 was starting to show its age at that point, and for a device that I had quite literally hacked together both from a physical and software standpoint, I was surprised by how well it was still holding up.

In the past year I've upgraded my laptop to a new Retina MacBook Pro (what a screen), swapped my degrading FrankenPre 2 for a Sprint iPhone 4S, all but stopped using my TouchPad in favor of the faster, slimmer, lighter iPad Mini, and added a late-generation Apple TV to the mix (I had a first-generation Apple TV, but it hadn't gotten much use since I moved into a place where my office and living room weren't the same room). Today I caught myself looking at AirPlay-enabled speakers and AirPrint-enabled printers to complete the conversion. I've always been a fan of Apple's hardware products, but I wish I could have webOS running on all of my mobile devices, but in this day and age it's becoming harder and harder to be a webOS-everywhere user thanks to the manner in which webOS has rapidly fallen behind the competition on so many fronts.

read more

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users