With webOS synergy you can have up to 16 different email accounts loaded up on your webOS device. Choosing which email account to send a message from is only a tap away, but did you know that you can control the name (if any) that shows up on other people's email program that is attached to your email address. In most cases when communicating with friends or business associates, you probably want your actual name displayed alongside your email address. But if you are replying to a mass email with people you don't know, entering an email-based contest or sending a note to a random business/website you are not familiar with, you may not want your real name disclosed to them.
Unfortunately, this change requires more than just a tap to update, but it's still pretty easy to do and can be assigned per email account, similar to how you set a reply-to address. To change your email account's "From" name:
- Open the Email app
- Swipe down from the top-left to access the Application drop-down menu and select "Preferences & Accounts"
- Scroll down to the ACCOUNTS section and tap the account you want to update
- Scroll down to the FULL NAME section and name that you want people to see when you send them an email
- Swipe back (on phones) or tap Done (on the TouchPad) to return to the Preferences screen
- If necessary, repeat for any other email accounts you want to update
- Swipe back (on phones) or tap Done (on the TouchPad) again to return to the email app
Note that if you are listed as a contact in the recipient's email program, their name for you may override any setting that you make here.
Thanks to webOS Nation reader pro2 who posing this question in our comments on a previous tip
View the full article