Quantcast

PreCentral: Change your Email account "From" name

News Reporter

Set email From nameWith webOS synergy you can have up to 16 different email accounts loaded up on your webOS device. Choosing

link hidden, please login to view
is only a tap away, but did you know that you can control the name (if any) that shows up on other people's email program that is attached to your email address. In most cases when communicating with friends or business associates, you probably want your actual name displayed alongside your email address. But if you are replying to a mass email with people you don't know, entering an email-based contest or sending a note to a random business/website you are not familiar with, you may not want your real name disclosed to them.

Unfortunately, this change requires more than just a tap to update, but it's still pretty easy to do and can be assigned per email account, similar to how you . To change your email account's "From" name:

• Open the Email app
  • from the top-left to access the Application drop-down menu and select "Preferences & Accounts"
  • Scroll down to the ACCOUNTS section and tap the account you want to update
  • Scroll down to the FULL NAME section and name that you want people to see when you send them an email
  • (on phones) or tap Done (on the TouchPad) to return to the Preferences screen
  • If necessary, repeat for any other email accounts you want to update
  • (on phones) or tap Done (on the TouchPad) again to return to the email app

Note that if you are listed as a contact in the recipient's email program, their name for you may override any setting that you make here.

Thanks to webOS Nation reader pro2 who posing this question in our comments on a previous tip

mf.gif

a2t.imgmnD841IHcwM

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.