Quantcast

PreCentral: Galaxy S3 gets the cleanest Touchstone mod yet

News Reporter

Galaxy S3 gets the cleanest Touchstone mod yet

Previous efforts to modify Android devices to take advantage of

link hidden, please login to view
have required at the very least a degree of patience and some non-standard supplies to make wireless charging happen. When , it was supposed to come with wireless charging, though they managed to not show off the wireless charger at the typically odd introduction event. Yet, here we are six months later without the wireless charger publicly available ().

Feeling left out of the three-year-old wireless charging party, Hong Kong-based eBay seller hkrc has taken matters into their own hands, and is now selling modified Galaxy S III back covers with the Touchstone inductive charging coil and appropriate contacts for the Android-based smartphone. The wireless charging backs are going for $28 a pop on eBay, a fair price for something that had to be manually assembled. As of this writing there's just one of the available, as well as and twenty-six .

It's not quite as elegant as , but if you're like us an have Touchstone chargers all over the place and happen to be rocking a Galaxy S III (not so much like us) this could be a useful purchase for you. That said, the Galaxy S III is still largely running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (Sprint was the first US carrier to roll out , and they did that just last week), while the Nexus 4 will launch with Android 4.2 and its -like Daydream mode for the charging dock. When Android 4.2 and its Daydream feature might make it to the Galaxy S III is a big unknown. Or you can just be all boss stick with your aging Pre3 like us. .

mf.gif

a2t.imgs_ok0wTRR-4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By dabs40
      Hi. 
      I have the phone listed above and am not able to connect to my LG TV. 
      Anyone else in the house can but not me!! 😡 
      What is wrong with Samsung and LG? 
      I keep getting the same message when I try to connect : unable to connect to screen share. Try again.
      This is driving me nuts! 
      Anyone has a fix for this? 
      Ps: I have tried tons of sharing apps, disconnected all connected devices, phone and TV with latest updates, tried WiFi, WiFi direct, Bluetooth (all separately and together). 
      I'm running out of options and patience. Thanks for the help. 
    • By Nishanth Noble
      Hi!
      The TV model number is UH850V and the firmware version is 05.30.30. I often get the WiFi disconnected automatically. I have tried manual mode too but it’s the same. Once disconnected it does not identify any WiFi signal. I have to switch off and switch on the Tv for it to identify a WiFi. 
      I would like to know if this can be fixed by software update or is this an hardware issue.

please help
    • By Nishanth Noble
      Hi! 
      Recently I have noticed that the Wi-Fi gets disconnected automatically without any prompt. While searching manually, no Wi-Fi signals are listed. But once the TV is switched off and turned on again the Wi-Fi gets connected. But after few hour gets disconnected again.
      I would like to know if this is a technical issue and how to resolve this issue for good.
    • By Lijo
      Hi,
      I have been using webos for my signange where I render my advertisement and configured live news feeds. I have configured as follows
      Live National news - > Advertisements->International news->Advertisments..etc.. This is how i configured ,but noticed that application gets hung and wanted to know
      1)Is webos not designed be used for such a heavy applications/rendering?
      2) Malayalam fonts are not rendered properly where as it is working fine in Android.
      Can somebody throw some light on this ? Appreciate if someone from LG can respond as well
      Rgds
      Lijo