Quantcast

PreCentral: Gain full access to your TouchPad with File Explorer (homebrew)

News Reporter

This tip is only for devices running webOS 3.0 and higher

File Explorer root pluginAlthough there are now a few quality file manager apps available for your webOS device, only

link hidden, please login to view
by Jason Robitaille has allowed you to have gain full access to all the files on your device, not just within the . However, Internalz Pro now has some competition. With the latest update to version 1.1 of by pcworldSoftware, you can now install the "" from Preware to unlock access to your device. You don't even need to launch the plugin, just close File Exploer (if open) and then install the plugin and you are good to go.

Although File Explorer will work on any webOS running webOS 2.1 or higher, this plugin is only compatible with the TouchPad and webOS 3.0 at the moment. For more details about the plugin and a complete step-by-step guide can be found within the app itself by launching File Explorer and then from the top-left to access the Application drop-down menu and choose "Help" and then select "Enable root access" from within the Help page. The developer also details how the plugin works, so if you can provide any help to getting it to work on webOS 2.x devices, please let him know!

is available in the webOS App Catalog for $0.99 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 2.1 or higher, although the "root plugin" only supports webOS 3.0 or higher.

mf.gif

a2t.imgSTyJfqY0L7k

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By Maria D
      How to change view from 16:9 in movies to fit full screen 

LG QLED B22 
    • By Lorenz
      Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory.
      We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV.
      Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working.
      If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.
      Looking at synology forums the DLNA file list should be automatically updated when a new file is added, is there any way to force refresh from LG app?

Thanks
    • By Satya_
      Software version 05.30.10 default web browser just updated and the address bar appear on the top of the screen which bother me a lot while playing a video please add a Full screen option to it
    • By kennyboom99
      hi Guys,
      My lg tv when set to live tv will show full screen for around 20 seconds and then show a very small shrunk screen in the top left corner of the channel
      i can switch channels but the screen stays mall
      netflix displays in full screen
      picutre test shows full screen
      i have tried resetting the tv, power cycling, changing cables (coax) and nothing is making a difference.
      anyone have any ideas on what causes this?

this is what the screen looks like 
      link hidden, please login to view  
      any help is much appreciated