Quantcast

PreCentral: Touch-to-share a Facebook Tablet photo

News Reporter

Touch to Share

link hidden, please login to view
was a grand concept introduced with the TouchPad, Pre3 and Veer to be able to share data between two devices by simply tapping them together. Unfortunately, the initial implementation of TTS only allowed you to share web page URLs, and it never even came to the Veer in the promised software update to webOS 2.2.  So, unless you have a Pre3 and a TouchPad (or two TouchPads), you are seemingly just limited to sending website address to and from the browser app.

It turns out, though, you are not just limited to the browser app to share these website addresses. We have already seen utilize touch-to-share to send the website address to view photos on a second device, and now forum member kmoll3ster noticed that the also includes a Touch-to-share feature. If you are viewing a photo from within the Facebook Tablet app and then Touch-to-share with another TouchPad or Pre3, the browser will launch and load up the facebook.com website for that photo. Not exactly an extremely useful feature, but one that exists nonetheless and only for photos, as it does not work with other articles or posts. And be aware that this is a one-way feature as it's only built into the TouchPad's Facebook app and not the smartphone version, although you can use to install Facebook Tablet on your Pre3 to send it from a Pre3 to a TouchPad.

Thanks to for this tip!

mf.gif

a2t.img53JrqNWZc8E

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ajmboy
      So LG has put webOS on TVs, projectors, and now cars with webos auto. Does anyone thing LG will ever produce a webos powered smartphone or tablet? I know samsung has tried with tizen and it was only with the palm pre 2 and touchpad from HP that we saw webos on these types of devices. Just curious on what everyone thingks. Here's what webos used to look like..

HP Touchpad

• By Zahid Zainurin
      I was wondering if there Facebook app for LG webos tv as what i saw on Samsung did provide that for their smart TV's
    • By Gin
      I use my (fantastic) 65 inch OLED TVs to present my HD photos, which I stream from my NAS using your Photo & Video utility.
      However, the Photos change far too quickly - even when set to SLOW.  It starts loading the next photo as soon as the current photo is presented.  This makes it unusable for events as it becomes too distracting.
      My wish is that the SPEED would be linked to TIME.  For example: FAST would change photos every 10 seconds, MEDIUM every 60 seconds. SLOW every 600 seconds.
      Some more interesting TRANSITIONS would be also be appreciated.
    • By Spam Bucket
      I like this app because I can simultaneously stream music and show photos from my DLNA server.  However the photo display part of the app has annoying limitations. It is unable to traverse the subdirectories of the server or randomize the photo selection. So I went to all the trouble of creating links to 42,000 images in a single directory and randomizing the file names. Now the new limitation is will only display the first 200 images and loop back to the first. All the files are viewable as thumbnails in the directory and if I select image 201 it will start there and select the sequential list of the next 200.  Any work arounds available for this?
    • By kevin knauss
      The symbolic link within the PC's Pictures  folder is displayed by the LG Webos Photo app as a folder, but when clicked, the app says that the device is not connected. The existing folders under Pictures on the PC do work using the LG Webos Photo app. The symbolic link works properly on the PC itself, so it's not a problem with creating it using mklink. Any ideas? Thanks.