Quantcast

PreCentral: MeOrg! becomes OrganizeMe!, gets tweaks and improvements along the way

Meet OrganizeMe! formerly known as MeOrg!

With the

link hidden, please login to view
, off-again relationship between webOS and Evernote many  webOS faithful ditched the popular online note service in search of a good alternative. However, in their search most webOS users came to the realization that there is really only one great alternative to Evernote which is SpringPad. Unfortunately, there were no apps available to access that service on webOS until developer Sven Ziegler dropped his awesome SpringPad client MeOrg! into the webOS App Catalog. Many of us here at webOS Nation took to the app like a fish to water and we even gave it a favorable . Despite the great review we still found a couple areas where the app fell short of being perfect. Instead of coming up with excuses why his app had a proverbial hole or two Sven took our critique as a challenge and has been coding like a mad man to flesh out his already awesome SpringPad client. When the dust settled he presented an app to us with enough enhancements to garner a new name, OrganizeMe!

Upon initially opening the app, the additions Sven has made become immediately apparent. Little tweaks like being able to login (on the welcome page) and navigate with the "enter" key thru the fields for username, password and validate the account are very welcome additions. The developer has also made several UI changes like the new right panel detail view that looks worlds better than the app's previous implementation. One of our favorite new features found in OrganizeMe! is the ability to add alarms, reminders, and events to the webOS calendar. That feature alone warrants a purchase of the app if you have yet to download it! Of course there are several other bug fixes, tweaks, and additions that we will leave to our readers to discover (hint hint) for themselves.

Overall the app has seen such a significant overhaul that we felt the need to give our readers a heads up on it. We would still like to see features like cross-app launching baked into OrganizeMe! in the future but for now we are more than happy with the app's progress. So, if you're in the market for a good alternative to Evernote  check out today. The app can be picked up in the webOS App Catalog for the paltry sum of $2.99 or if you just want to see what all the hoopla is about you can try the free of charge. 

mf.gif

a2t.imgl-V4iZ_f1no

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By News Reporter
      LG Continues to Lead Future Vehicular Software Development
      by Acquiring Both Functional Safety and Cybersecurity Certifications

SEOUL, March 30, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is the first player to meet international testing standards for functional safety and cybersecurity management for vehicles. LG annually updates required certifications for its hardware and software solutions for electric vehicle components through leading global testing organization, TÜV Rheinland.
      A respected player in the rapidly growing EV components industry, LG has consistently complied with international regulations and participated in key certification programs. To lead the field of vehicle safety, LG is committed to securing the technical capabilities both at the employee and the organizational level.
      Recently, LG research engineer Kim Min-kyu obtained the Automotive Functional Safety Expert qualification, becoming the second individual ever to do so since the qualification program was established in 2011. Also, LG acquired functional safety certification for its ADAS front camera in the ‘4M’ (Material, Method, Machine, Man) categories in 2022. The company’s vehicle components also comply with the Cyber ​​Security Management System (CSMS) – the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe’s (UNECE) regulation No. 155 (UN R155).
      “With the rising importance of vehicle security and safety regulations in the global auto industry, acquiring certification for our auto components and technologies is key to maintaining competitiveness,” said Eun Seok-hyun, President of LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company. “LG will continue to comply with the latest standards and grow its capabilities in safety and security to provide our customers with even more reliable solutions.”
      “We congratulate LG on producing Asia’s first Functional Safety Expert, an achievement that reflects the company’s outstanding, across-the-board performance in acquiring top industry certifications and qualifications,” said Frank Juettner, CEO and director of TÜV Rheinland Korea. “Obtaining the latest certifications, including ISO/SAE 21434, demonstrates LG’s commitment to providing its customers and partners with the highest level of product, system safety and security.”
      LG has built stellar track records maintaining its innovation at the highest level of quality and reliability. Already in 2018, LG secured technical certification for Functional Safety Management (FSM) in infotainment development, and in 2021, its Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) front camera passed assessments for functional safety (product and processes) based on ISO 26262 – an international functional safety standard for the development of electrical and electronic systems for vehicles.
      LG also plans to lead future trends in autonomous driving, where functional safety will be centered on the fast-growing area of Safety of The Intended Functionality (SOTIF). SOTIF is becoming increasingly important as the entire auto industry seeks to incorporate and expand the use of various advanced technologies in their vehicles, including artificial intelligence (AI), high-definition maps, sensor data interfaces and cybersecurity applications.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By CJW
      I have an SM9010PLA just over a year old. Since a month or so ago whenever the TV is switched on all the apps pop up along the bottom of the screen as if I've pressed the home button. They stay there for about 30 seconds unless I select TV or point the pointer to the screen and click. I thought it might be a system upgrade problem and I've since checked if there are any further upgrades and there aren't. I reset the TV to factory settings which said it would also delete all the apps I had installed - which it didn't.
      Anyone else had this and/or know a solution.
    • By Nishanth Noble
      Hi!
      The TV model number is UH850V and the firmware version is 05.30.30. I often get the WiFi disconnected automatically. I have tried manual mode too but it’s the same. Once disconnected it does not identify any WiFi signal. I have to switch off and switch on the Tv for it to identify a WiFi. 
      I would like to know if this can be fixed by software update or is this an hardware issue.

please help
    • By Nishanth Noble
      Hi! 
      Recently I have noticed that the Wi-Fi gets disconnected automatically without any prompt. While searching manually, no Wi-Fi signals are listed. But once the TV is switched off and turned on again the Wi-Fi gets connected. But after few hour gets disconnected again.
      I would like to know if this is a technical issue and how to resolve this issue for good.