Quantcast

PreCentral: Keep up to date with the London 2012 Olympics with your webOS smartphone

Keep up to date with the London 2012 Olympics on the go on your webOS smartphone

With the current not-great state of the webOS App Catalog and the unsurprisingly dwindling userbase, it's not at all unexpected that nobody went out of their way to create an official or unofficial webOS app for the London 2012 Olympic Games. These Olympic games kicked off today (soccer takes time, the opening ceremony isn't for two more days), and even though there's no app, you can still get yourself some Olympic coverage on the go via your webOS smartphone.

Frustratingly, even though NBC secured a multi-billion-dollar multi-year contract to broadcast the Olympics and opted to put every single event live online (so long as you have a valid subscription to a partner cable or satellite service), those streams aren't available on webOS smartphones or tablets. And it's Flash, which our devices actually support. Granted, they're using a custom version of the YouTube app to stream these live feeds (it's quite nice, with down-to-the-second fine scrubbing), and the webOS-compatible version of Flash wasn't great to begin with and hasn't been updated for well over a year. But still!

We digress and set forth for a solution. Unable to watch the streams at all (unless you want to set up some manner of remote desktop app, but that seems to be overkill in our eyes), we'd at least like to keep tabs on what's going on, who's scored what, and how far ahead Team USA is in the medal race. For that we turn to a free app that's been around for a good long time:

link hidden, please login to view

Recently added to ScoreCenter's options under mySports in the app's settings is a 2012 Summer Olympics choice. As with the other options in ESPN ScoreCenter, 2012 Summer Olympics adds a page in their left-right swipe panels that gives you the latest scores, upcoming events schedule, general Olympics news, and a breakdown of the overall medal count. The scores and schedule are broken down by sport, with thirty-three options at your disposal, from archery to BMX to fencing to synchronized swimming. If there's a competition happening in London this summer, it's available in ESPN ScoreCenter.

To add the Olympics to your selections in , just tap the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the app, select mySports, tap 'Add a Sport', and select Olympics. From there you'll have an extra bright blue panel with all the Olympic news, scores, and medal counts that you can handle.

mf.gif

a2t.imgapbHpeNzFAw

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By cptl
      Hi,
      My problem is that my Netflix app on my LG tv (OLED65B13LA) keeps selecting the leftmost button, it's impossible to scroll the cursor to the right to select another button. I tried resetting the tv to factory defaults - after installing Netflix again the issue is exactly the same.
      I also tried disconnecting the tv from power for a few minutes. Plus I contacted Netflix, but they said I need to contact TV manufacturer before they log a possible bug in the app :/.
      My Amazon Prime app works perfectly fine on the same tv.
      Any thoughts?
    • By News Reporter
      LG OLED and Quayola Create a Lifelike, Immersive Art Experience,
      Unlocking Limitless Potential From the Blend of Art and Technology

SEOUL, Oct. 11, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is delighted to present Jardins d’Été, an algorithmically-generated artwork by
      link hidden, please login to view x LG OLED at Frieze London 2023 (October 11-15). Presenting pieces brought to life by the vivid brilliance of LG OLED digital canvases, the exhibition pays homage to French Impressionism, especially the late works of the last of the Old Masters, Claude Monet. Showcasing the synergistic potential that can be achieved when art and technology come together, Jardins d’Été is a series of videos depicting the nocturnal blossoming gardens of Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire, France. For his immersive installation, Quayola uses the complexity of floral formations moved by the wind as a dataset to generate new computational paintings that can be admired in 4K thanks to LG OLED’s premium picture quality.
      Quayola is a visual artist renowned for his harmonious fusion of computer programming and classical art. He employs technology as a lens to explore the tension and balance between seemingly opposing forces such as the real and artificial, figurative and abstract, old and new. With the utilization of custom computer software, his versatile portfolio encompasses audiovisual performances, video art, sculptures and works on paper.
      “Jardins d’Été explores a hybrid substance between the pictorial and the algorithmic,” said Quayola. “The complex tones and palettes in this series are perfectly enhanced by LG OLED’s canvases, their exceptional picture quality blurring the lines between the digital and the physical.”
      “We are pleased to engage in a captivating collaboration with a talented artist like Quayola. Together, we aim to redefine artistic boundaries, blending art and technology in ways that captivate and inspire audiences, as showcased in our exhibitions and collaborative efforts,” said Kate Oh, vice president of the Brand Communication Division at LG Home Entertainment Company. “LG OLED will uphold our motto WE INSPIRE ART, supporting artists in unlocking their creative potential and giving inspiration for the evolution of digital art.”
      LG continues to push the boundaries of artistic exploration, spotlighting the compelling synergy between art and technology through engaging exhibitions and collaborations with inspiring artists. Don’t miss out on the artistic journey with LG OLED ART – visit the to experience the latest captivating art collaborations.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Art has always been at the core of LG SIGNATURE’s philosophy from the beginning of the brand. Seeking to inspire people with the most esteemed artistic collaborations, the brand has supported various major cultural events around the globe that deliver immersive experiences at the crossroads of art and technology.

Just in time for the beautiful autumn season, LG SIGNATURE re-introduced itself to London’s thriving, vibrant culture by sponsoring October’s London Restaurant Festival (LRF), where it successfully indulged the most sophisticated foodies with exceptional tastes and unforgettable experiences.

A highlight of the LRF 2022 Autumn Edition collaboration was LG SIGNATURE’s wine tasting series, which was proudly hosted as its latest ultra-exclusive “LG SIGNATURE Hosts” experience. Dubbed the “Penthouse Supper Club,” this first of four wine tasting events welcomed customers, who resonated with the brand’s sophisticated living message, to London City Island’s sprawling penthouse with a tasting facilitated by sommelier Ryen Snowden.
      While teaching guests how to best store their wines, Snowden demonstrated the LG SIGNATURE Wine Cellar’s ability to recreate ideal temperatures and humidity levels through its state-of-the-art technology that fully preserves the flavor. What’s more, drinks were paired with delectable canapes prepared by none other than multiple Michelin Star award-winning chef Tim Spedding, with the help of the LG SIGNATURE Refrigerator with customizable temperature settings for diverse ingredients.

Meanwhile, last week was a fine time for classical aficionados and rock lovers to come together through their love of music. As a continuation of the “LG SIGNATURE Hosts” experiences, and LG SIGNATURE’s ongoing partnership with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, top tier media from a number of leading lifestyle publications were invited to the Royal Albert Hall for the Symphonic Queen concert, in celebration of over 50 years of timeless hits by iconic rock band, Queen.

True to the brand’s philosophy of “Art Inspires Technology, Technology Completes Art,” LG SIGNATURE continues to provide unique customer experiences that marry the best of art with the most cutting edge of technology. For more on the premium brand’s collaborations with globally-renowned art institutions, stay tuned in to the LG SIGNATURE Inspirations series.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By KadirErturk
      I have LG TV with WebOS installed. The app keeps logouts. I log with web code, works few mins and log out again. This annoys.
      Anyone has an idea, how to fix? 
    • By Scott Dent
      No matter how times times I remove the LG Internet (XUMO) channels, a few of them come back every day. After a week, I have to flip through about twenty of the LG Internet channels to get to what I want to watch. I have an 86" UP8770. My wife won't even watch the TV because of how how annoying those LG Internet channels are. I have repeatedly reset the TV. I have left it unplugged all night. I have searched for answers online and spoken to LG on the phone. Nothing helps. I have removed all the LG Internet channels at least 50 times. Every day a few of them come back. I purchased the TV at Costco about 5 months ago. I really wish I could return it. The LG Channels are a deal breaker for me.